Format: Hardcover|Change

on 24 November 2013
I purchased this book a month a go based on the rave reviews this book got on Amazon. Finally had the time to try a recipe today and it was a complete failure. Let me preface by saying I have made macarons before with very good results but decided to get a book that offered a variety of flavor combinations.

My major issue with the book is that the cup vs grams conversion is off! For example the recipe says to use 1 tablespoon or 5 grams of egg white protein. THOSE AREN'T THE SAME MEASUREMENTS! I ended up following the US measurements to stay consistent and followed the rest of the recipe to the letter. The end result are macarons with no feet and cracked shells.

The book does offer some interesting ideas but the recipes and method is far from satisfactory. I've had better results with recipes from a blog - which is free! What a waste of time and money.
on 23 February 2012
I have a seriously large library of cookbooks and this is certainly the best one in my opinion. One single subject but investigated from every single angle and extraordinary passion. Little tips such as ageing your eggs to increase the protein concentration, and how to turn you wrist to avoid leaving a tail on the top of the macaroon are just amazing. Highly recommended.
on 19 November 2011
This macaron book seems to be complete. It shows with lots of pictures how to make macarons. And it doesn't stop with explaining one method, no it explaines three different ways of making it (from difficult to easy). It is quite a thick book, with inviting pictures. Not all the recipes for the macarons or the fillings have pictures. Yesterday I received this book, so I have not made any macarons yet with one of this methods. But I have made it before and the 3rd way of making (the easy way) is the way I usually make it with. And this works.
on 3 December 2014
Not tried the recipes yet but instructions look clear and attractive pictures.
on 9 October 2015
Lovely book, great item for your library, full of pics and spotless!
on 10 November 2014
Good book that really helps you make the wounderful Mcarons.
on 8 October 2013
A book to pore over! Options for different methods, and good troubleshooting section. Inventive flavour combinations also, can't wait to try some of them. Highly recommended.
on 8 May 2014
What an amazing book!
Fabulous ideas for flavour combos and written by down to earth Macaron loving professionals.

A beautiful book I will read time and time again
on 13 November 2014
on 26 July 2013
Still looking at this book again and again, not just at recipes but ideas. Lovely book and can make a very good present.