on 6 June 2011
I have in my possession all of Wilburs books.In my opinion they are one of the best reads that one can buy,providing you like fast moving adventure stories. All of his works are fiction, but, they do have A lot of historical fact worked in to them.I must therefore give a rating of five for all of his works.
on 20 April 1999
IMHO this is one of Wilbur Smith's better books. Not only does it have a compelling story, but it has a better ending (still too Mills & Boon) than some. Having spent some time in Zim, I learned that this book is VERY well researched. Not just dull descriptions, but brought very much to life. Going on holiday - buy-it!
on 20 September 1999
Wilbur Smith no doubt performed mountaneous research for this book. This novel is definitely a must for anyone that follows Southern African history. WS is debatably biased in his review of urban tribal battles that nearly saw the little country thrown into a massive war. It however deserves to be unbanned in Zimbabwe.
on 19 August 2008
Exiled author, Craig Mellow returns to Zimbabwe when he is given a spying mission for the World Bank. Accompanied by photographer, Sally-Anne Jay, he stumbles upon an ivory-poaching operation which masks the treacherous plot to sell the country he once fought for into slavery.
on 14 March 2016
Have always enjoyed Wilbur Smith's books and on reading this, I felt as if I knew the plot all along..??? Then I realised I had read it before, but someone has borrowed it and not returned the book, so I am glad I now have it back in my "collection"!
on 12 November 2012
Brilliant read, delivered quickly and efficiently. A must for those who enjoy learning about the beauty of Africa coupled with its tumultuous past and present, intwined in a gripping storyline of treachery, betrayal and courage
on 18 June 2016
Very similar to a lot of Wilbur Smith novels. Many situations and ideas seem to be pinched from his earlier works.Still a good read especially if you have not read too many of his books.
on 7 October 2012
I started last year with one of his books where the lion feeds since then I read one after the other like a drug one of the best African writers hard to put down page by page of action.
on 9 January 2014
Replacement for copy which had gone missing, husband reading it at present and is enjoying it all over again. I am looking forward to reading it again as well.
on 26 April 2014
I would recommend all of Wilbur Smith's books if you like adventure also once you start his books you just cant put them down I have read all of his books and now I am going over them all again. I think he is the greatest writer of adventure books and you can also learn a lot from his books I love reading about Africa and Egypt and I have learnt a lot about them in fact I asked my African priest about the Sparkville massacre and he amazed that I knew anything about it and we went into his office and we had a long chat about Africa