Colour Name: Blue|Change

on 10 September 2012
Very good, plays well and sounds good, easy to read the start, stop buttons etc, nice and compact and easy to carry.
0Comment|128 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 July 2013
CD player looks really good in the black and white. Fits nicely on my windowsill as I use it while I'm washing up.
Good speakers, I can have this on in the kitchen and hear the music 2 rooms away.
0Comment|97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 April 2013
Really pleased with the portable radio cd player.Its nice to look at and sound quality is good ,its a good buy
on 8 July 2014
My main criticism about today's technology is that most new equipment seems to be designed with youngsters in mind. (That is, from where I'm standing, anyone under about fifty!) Anyone with poor eyesight or arthritic hands (or both) simply can't cope with the average TV remote, for example.

I bought this CD player for a partially sighted elderly relative, who can't cope well with a lot of fiddly buttons. As I had hoped, it is simple to use:
* open the cover by pressing at the point indicated by slightly raised dots (great for the hard-of-seeing); drop in the CD and click into place
* press the cover at the same point to close
* play by pressing the big orange button in the group of four buttons on the right-side
* navigate back and forth between tracks using the nearby, but well separated and easy to identify, 'next' and 'back' buttons
* press the fourth button in the group to stop
* ignore the buttons on the left-hand side - you just don't need them

In spite of the limitations of age and infirmity - not to say lack of confidence in using 'new' equipment (I know, CDs have been around for decades, but they're still new to some people) - my relative has coped easily with this well-designed CD player.

Sound quality is more than adequate - at the price, I certainly wouldn't expect any better.

My one slight niggle is the on-off switch. It's round at the back, and is a three-position switch, going from 'Off' through 'Radio' to 'CD'. Not the simplest design for techno-phobes, but OK once it has been explained.

All in all, though, an excellent purchase and well recommended for anyone in a similar situation.
1111 comments|191 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 November 2013
I bought this CD player for my Dad. He uses it in the car as his car only has a cassette player. As it has batteries it works well and it fits perfectly on the floor or on the seat. Being fairly small it is light and easily carried about. The delivery was very good and actually came two days early.
on 1 February 2014
Just what I wanted a small & light portable cd player. Sound quality & good radio too. Easy to move around.
on 18 November 2013
Bought this for my mum, who prefers her cd's to downloads. Good sound quality and a decent radio. Very easy to operate and arrived on time.
on 7 April 2012
We bought this as an expendable bargain value CD player, as our young son has learned to operate the controls on the "proper" home hifi system.
However, much to our pleasant surprise, the sound quality is excellent, the design is sleek and modern, and the unit is very portable. We have now had it for 3 months, and have had absolutely no faults with it.
Looking at the previous reviewer who gave this unit 1/5 stars, we have had completely the opposite experience.
It is possible that the build quality may vary widely, or that the last reviewer just had bad luck, but our CD player has been so good that we felt we had to stand up for the faithful little thing!
We would definitely recommend it to anyone.
11 comment|161 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
 I bought this for our daughter. I am very impressed by it.

We paid just £24.99. We got a bargain.

Advantages:
• Great sound quality
• Powered by batteries or mains power.
• The controls feel much better quality than you would expect for the price
• Top loading, soft-opening CD player
• Good radio
• Headphones socket
• Fold-flat carry handle

Disadvantages:
• No presets for radio stations (not a problem at this price)
• When loading or removing CDs, be careful not to scratch them on the catch for the soft-opening CD lid

The best way to show you what this is like and its features is via a video, so I have made a video review. If you do not enlarge the video to full screen, it sometimes plays with sound but no video (a blank, black screen) - this seems to be an Amazon glitch. To cure it, press the 'full screen' icon.

If you are reading this on a mobile phone, you may be unable to view the video - you will be able to watch it on a computer or tablet.

You don’t have to buy it in pink, fortunately!

This is a really good CD player and FM radio.
on 28 April 2014
Bought this for my mother to listen to audio discs. She has very poor eyesight so it was important that she could find the stop/start button which is larger than most and orange in colour. Very pleased with this purchase.