As if Harry Potter's adventures weren't magical enough now you can experience his first four years at Hogwarts through the medium of Lego. Similar to the popular Lego Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Batman games you can now control Harry and dozens of other famous characters.
The Grand Staircase makes its debut in Lego form
| Hagrid and Harry explore the Lego version of Diagon Alley |
| Hermione uses ear plugs to handle a Lego mandrake |
| Control dozens of different characters, including Ron |
Each character has their own specialities and abilities, from broomstick riding to a wide range of magic. The most important spell though, which nearly every character can cast, is Wingardium Leviosa which allows you to magically move Lego bricks and build them up into different objects like a wall or a set of stairs.
You'll learn new spells and abilities as you go, mirroring Harry's rise from muggle to master wizard, but the game's a lot less about fighting than the earlier Lego games. Instead the focus is much more on exploration and puzzle-solving, with Hogwarts and the other levels filled with an almost endless supply of secrets to uncover and mysteries to solve. Key Features
About the Developer: Traveller's Tales
- Half term: Relieve all the adventures of the first four Harry Potter books: Philosopher's Stone, Chamber of Secrets, Prisoner of Azkaban and Goblet of Fire.
- Who's who: Take control of over 140 Lego-style characters from obvious picks like Harry and Ron to more obscure choices like Hagrid's dog Fang.
- Magic school: Learn new spells as you go and mix potions to help solve puzzles - but be careful not to get the ingredients wrong or you might be turned into a frog or worse.
- Brick master: For the first time you can move individual Lego bricks around and build your own creations using the Wingardium Leviosa spell.
- Team building: Team-up with a friend and play the whole game together, switching characters whenever you want and even playing online on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
This English developer has been around since 1990, often working on movie tie-ins and sequels to already established series. Their biggest critical and commercial success has come from the Lego series of toy and film tie-ins, including Lego Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Batman and Harry Potter.
- LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 transports players to iconic environments from the Harry Potter books and films and introduces a fun, new way of experiencing the magic of Harry Potter through hilarious cutscenes and new to LEGO gameplay elements such as magical building and spell-casting.
- Experience the wonder of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry: attend lessons,interact with the professors, mix potions, fly on broomsticks and complete tasks to collect LEGO studs.
- Players have the freedom to select from over 100 playable characters including Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger, as well as many other fan favourites.
- Explore iconic settings from the wizarding world including Diagon Alley, the Forbidden Forest, the village of Hogsmeade and, of course, Hogwarts castle. LEGO Hogwarts is a grand, immersive 3D environment and the largest, most detailed LEGO game location ever built for everyone to explore and enjoy.
- LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 is family friendly gaming at its best. Conjure up fun with a friend and play through Harry first four years at Hogwarts as a team with easy drop-in/dropout co-op play, online co-op is also available for PlayStation3 and Xbox 360 gamers.
- Nintendo DS gaming features stylus based movement and spell-casting, as well as two-player ad hoc co-op.