The Higher English Grade Booster is a handbook specifically designed to take students step-by-step through all areas of assessment and to uncover the mysteries of the Higher exam.
This title focuses on language and grammatical analysis to enhance students� own coursework and exam performance. Whilst advice and targeted notes equip students with the tools to develop their responses, guidance on how to approach sample questions encourages informed and assured analysis for a confident approach to the exam.
· Higher English language skills
· The origins of English
· What is grammar?
· Subordinate clauses
· Analysing the words
· Sentence structure
· Further features of sentence structure
· Imagery, word choice, tone and conclusions
· Literary devices
· Textual analysis
· The critical essay – narrative structure
· Personal study and critical essays – what you have to do
· The personal study and critical essays – the importance of accuracy
· Your own writing
· Avoid these mistakes