The perfect companion for the adventurous traveller wanting to get the most out of this resurgent destination. Home to Roman temples, mighty castles, ancient souks, steaming hammams, towering mountains, thumping nightlubs and delicious food, Lebanon has opened its hospitable arms to the traveller. Footprint's brand-new guide to this ancient land boasts in-depth background coverage of the country's rich and complex history, politics and culture, as well as detailed, up-to-date practical information on everything from visa requirements to hotels, bars and restaurants, plus comprehensive details on any number of outdoor activities from skiing to paragliding.
About Footprint Handbooks:
* Footprint Handbooks are written and designed for experienced independent travellers looking to get off the beaten track
* Written by a small team of experts with first-hand knowledge creating books rich in places and attractions simply not covered in other guidebooks
* Among the most comprehensive and detailed travel guides available, with more places to visit and things to do
* Unparalleled cultural and historical context encouraging travel that is sensitive toward local communities
* Light-weight and durable format make them ideal for long-haul breaks