on 28 March 2015
Like many others who have reviewed this item, it does not fit my Leatherman Wave at all. The flap is about a quarter of an inch too short to engage the popper, even forcing it and trying to stretch the leather flap a bit did not help. I ordered, and got, 2 of them, but both have the same problem.

Second, the packaging suggests a genuine Leatherman pouch by virtue of the Leatherman Logo and name, but there's a bar code sticker on the back of the packaging that says, "Made in China". Also a little sticker on the inside of the pouch which also says Made in China.

I believe these to be a bad lot of pouches being sold as genuine Leatherman products when in reality I do not believe them to be so. Someone got their dimensions wrong somewhere and these are the results.

I'm going to write to Leatherman US and see what they have to say about it. With the amount of people having the same problem, someone has to take the initiative and complain.

The only positive is that the item, as it is, appears well made, it's just that it will not fit either of my 2 Leatherman Waves at all, and is advertised as the Wave pouch. Also, delivery was as advertised so that's a second star at least.

Very, very disappointed with this item with regard to what was advertised against what was received.

EDIT: I decided to mod the pouch to try to fit my Wave. I cut the locking flap in 2 , across the horizontal ( obviously ) and fitted a piece of thin ballistic nylon between the cut pieces so that the flap is now just over a quarter of an inch longer. The popper now engages and the item looks good. However, as a side note, I noticed that this item is not solid leather. When I cut open the flap, I found that the item is in fact two pieces of very thin leather sandwiched either side of what appears to be cardboard. I suppose you get what you pay for, but I'm still unimpressed that this is supposed to be a genuine Leatherman product. Good job my Waves are a million per cent better build.
on 23 April 2014
I ordered this pouch to replace the old Wave pouch and when It arrived I found my Wave didn't fit without really forcing the fixing.... whether I got a dud or they're all a very tight fit i'm not sure.
Very disappointed.
on 31 July 2015
This is a great pouch. I assume it's made for the newer model of Wave. I have and old (2001-2002 ish) model which is does not fit, the flap will not close with the older model in place. For me that's fine, I didn't buy it for a Wave.

I really like that this is only elasticated on one side (elasticated tunnel, presumably for holding the bit driver), the other side being leather. It's a sturdy pouch with a sturdy belt loop.

So if I didn't buy this for a Wave, what did I get it for? I got it for a Leatherman Juice. I know that sound crazy, but the pouch meant for the juice is simply not up to the job. This pouch works well enough for the Juice out of the box. I spent two days using it, whilst the Juice did have a lot of room to move around in the pouch it did not feel insecure.

I have since paid a visit to my local cobbler, I asked him to put on another 'snap fastener' so that the flap closes lower down, which he did for a couple of quid, now it fits my juice snugly. Still a little room side to side, but the flap holds it very securely. I would highly recommend this simple approach for other Juice owners. Photos included.
review image review image review image
on 25 July 2014
For you british milatry folk wearing green, this case does not fit our issued belts which is a pain in the arse. I've jus had to purchase, a new one.
on 29 November 2014
Ive also found it doesnt fit a Leatherman Wave. Its too short by about 1/4 of an inch. You can force it -but it doesnt exactly fit like a glove.
on 31 August 2014
Perfect little sheat - doesn't contain the area for the Leatherman bits but your bit extender will fit in there with the multitool.

the leather is incredibly tough, and has sharp edges which should have been smoothed out in my opinion, but at this price you can't complain.
on 2 February 2016
I had to post my review to reinforce the view that it really doesn't fit the wave - it is just not long enough, especially if you have the keyring link extended. It means the press stud doesn't close properly - I have had to adapt it by adding Velcro strips either side of the press stud to ensure the flap stays closed. The dye in the leather also fades quickly and looks shabby. On a positive note, the belt strap has lasted well - I hoped a leather case was more resilient than a nylon one and it seems to be the case.
on 24 March 2014
Very neat item. Good quality. Looks more expensive than it is. Would recommend this product as a Leatherman replacement sheath
on 23 March 2014
only got this as i had a problem with an old leatherman wave i had for years. the old leather pouch broke/wore out so i tried to have it remade three times and every time it didnt fit the knife or the belt and i could not get one the same size from leatherman.
I was bought a new leather man wave and so i bought this as a spare so the same didnt happen.
I love the wave. it is so handy
on 5 February 2016
I purchased a Leatherman Wave Multi-tool and some extra screwdriver blades a few months ago., together with a pouch for the tools. I found the pouch was useful for other small tools so I purchased two additional pouches., which clip safely to my belt and parachute harness.