Least Favourite Episode in the Series?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-22 of 22 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 3 Aug 2007 12:59:27 BDT
I AM ME says:
My least favourite episode was Gridlock, I thought it was really boring and it didn't excite or interest me.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Aug 2007 18:28:25 BDT
Last edited by the author on 3 Aug 2007 21:26:18 BDT
Kuja20 says:
Yeah, i agree that it was dull, the only good thing with that epsiode was the face of boe's final message linked with the overall storyline, but i thought that 42 was the least favourite, it didnt have a decent plot in my view it lacked any 'ommmph', there will be those who will think differently.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Aug 2007 13:21:43 BDT
The Lazarus Experiment didn't really do anything for me, it was just a thinly disguised rewrite of The Quatermass Experiment and it's only good point was to flesh out Martha's family a little more.
I quite like Gridlock by the way at least it is original.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Aug 2007 16:05:04 BDT
Nessie says:
I havn't see The Quatermass Experiment so I can't comment on that but I quite liked The Lazurus Experiment and the music was superb especially in the church, my least fav. was Smith and Jones just found it rather childish, Iknow it's a childrens show but this story was rather patronising much preffered the darker episodes that were to come!

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Aug 2007 21:13:44 BDT
I AM ME says:
It's not a children's show, loads of adults watch it because it was on in ''their day'' and they really enjoyed it when they were kids.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Aug 2007 22:06:58 BDT
Last edited by the author on 7 Aug 2007 14:48:16 BDT
I find the phrase "It's a children's show" quite offensive, it is not a children's show, the series has always been made to appeal to everyone of all ages. It has always been made by a drama department and not by Cbeebies. It would be more accurate to call it a "family show" as that is what it clearly is.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Aug 2007 15:16:07 BDT
A. Pearson says:
i can't beleive this episode didn't excite you yeh i mean it was a bit off the usual but come on its doctor who and the face of boe saying the doctor wasn't alone now that has to get you excited if not then whats wrong with you
but there again its your view im a fanatik so thats my veiw we go are different ways.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Aug 2007 08:35:57 BDT
I totally agree there, i hate 'Gridlock', it was boring from start to finish!

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Aug 2007 20:57:38 BDT
STTOR says:
I think it has to be for me, the episode New Earth thats my least favourite but Gridlock beats that by maills as the face of bo gives his final massage to the Doctor

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Sep 2007 21:45:12 BDT
Get Real says:
I think the first episode of the series. Would have been better if the hospital had fallen on Marthas head so we wouldn't have had to suffer her for the rest of the series.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Sep 2007 07:38:12 BDT
R. Lewis says:
I was incredibly disappointed with every episode excluding Human Nature, Blink and Utopia. They all felt like they could have gone somewhere further and didn't. Smith and Jones was riddled with plotholes; The Shakespeare Code started off wonderfully and had a cop-out ending; Gridlock was a filler from start to finish; the less said about the Dalek episodes the better; The Lazarus Experiment was surprisingly OK, thanks to the performances behind Tish and Lazarus, but nothing special; 42 was a rip-off of The Impossible Planet except I was never induced to care about the characters; and the finale went beyond fantasy and into the utterly ridiculous. And I can't tell you how much reset buttons annoy me.

Surprising, then, that this series saw three of the best episodes ever to come out of DW, and had some of the most talented guest actors.

Really hoping for an improvement in scripts next year or else I won't be watching.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Dec 2007 23:02:12 GMT
Kat says:
Gridlock is one of my favourite episodes, it was quirky had loads of depth to it and the Doctor opening up about Gallifrey broke my heart.... give me character development and resonance over running around corridors anyday.

My least favourite was the dalek two parter, it had so many problems, Martha killing the pigmen with skience was about the only good thing about it.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Apr 2008 09:33:12 BDT
My least favorate episode is probably the Shakes Spear code it just didnt go anywhere for me

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jul 2008 15:01:52 BDT
S. J. Pinder says:
yeah i hated the shakespeare code,Gridlock was okay,i was expecting the dalek in Manhattan storyline to be more epic(it was still okay though)42 bored me and human nature i disliked...family of blood was better though.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jul 2008 06:46:41 BDT
Pma Sinclair says:
Gridelock and Evolution of the Daleks

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Jul 2008 17:42:30 BDT
S. J. Pinder says:
i have to say that 42 is probably the worst episode after rewatching the whole of series 3.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jul 2008 15:49:38 BDT
Last edited by the author on 10 Jul 2008 15:51:36 BDT
Trigger says:
Quite a variety of choices here. I quite liked Gridlock and I thought 42 was pretty solid. I also enjoyed the Shakespeare episode, and I loved the banter back and forth between the Doctor and Will - I thought it was very clever writing. I thought The Lazarus Experiment was a bit naff, mainly due to the big, stupid-looking monster. The Dalek two-parter was utterly rubbish; thankfully their series 4 re-appearance was much better. Unfortunately The Last of the Time Lords was also a bit rubbish due to a really lame ending (The Master will be back though; count on it), which was a shame to end the series on such a bum note. I enjoyed the Family two-parter and the set-up with the penultimate two episodes was pretty solid (particularly The Sound of Drums).

Blink was far and away the best episode though - the best episode entirely of the rejuvinated show.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jul 2008 15:44:47 BDT
S. J. Pinder says:
Blink was good,dont get me wrong,but i didnt find it spectacular in any way.
i thought the Dalek two parter was cheesy fun...not to be taken seriously.
42 was just a rip-off from the impossible planet/satan pit,and the story was just filler(watch sunshine).
Utopia was the best of series 3 (in my opinion,closly followed by the following two episodes).

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Aug 2008 23:15:02 BDT
GRIDLOCK sorry or TLE

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Sep 2008 09:49:24 BDT
Ridleyfan says:
Yes I totally agree about Last of the Time Lords. I thought the whole 'Gollum in a cage' thing was laughable - utter bathos and totally unnecessary. By that time we had got the message that the Master was mad bad and dangerous and that he wanted to humiliate the Doctor. The rescue of the Doctor and the resolution was a real cop-out - how on Earth Martha got the rescue plan from the whispered phrase 'use the countdown' is quite beyond me. The only redeeming moment in the whole denoument was 'I forgive you' - powerful, but even this was not satisfactorily explored in the dialogue. I think Mrs Saxon had the better idea.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Sep 2008 03:30:32 BDT
RonCharles says:
Yes, the ending of "The Last of the Timelords" was truly dumb. The only good thing about it was seeing the the hand of the Master's companion retrieving his ring from the funeral pyre, so it is to be hoped that he will be back, only in a better written show or two next time. "The Sound of Drums" had its weak moments, too.
Having always been fond of Daleks, and quite enjoying their re-emergence in seasons one and two of the new series, I thought that both of the Dalek episodes in season three fell short. They just weren't up to par. In addition, that poor guy shouldn't have been left with a pig face. He should have been killed off, or turned into bacon--well, maybe that's the same thing.
Therefore, I hope that the producers and writers bring back the Master and the Daleks in upcoming seasons, but with better scripts than they had in season three.
By the way, "Dr. Who" is very much enjoyed by children, but it is most definitely not a children's show.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Sep 2008 20:55:48 BDT
D. J. Watson says:
42 is an episode I am in no rush to watch again, it was very ordinary and the storyline just wasn't very interesting.

Also at first I didn't think much of The Shakespeare Code but I really like it now, after watching it a few times it has grown on me.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  18
Total posts:  22
Initial post:  3 Aug 2007
Latest post:  10 Sep 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Doctor Who - The Complete Series 3 Box Set [DVD] [2007]
Doctor Who - The Complete Series 3 Box Set [DVD] [2007] by David Tennant (DVD - 2007)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (168)