Maya is the industry–leading 3D animation and effects software used in movies, special effects, games, cartoons, short films, commercials, etc. Complex and difficult to learn, the new Maya 2010 features updates to modeling, animation, dynamics, and rendering modules. This invaluable book offers hands–on introduction to the tools and techniques of this fascinating software.
Boasting full–color coverage and detailed, step–by–step lessons, the book uses real movie footage from the Yash Raj Films and Walt Disney Pictures feature film Roadside Romeo. You’ll learn the Maya interface and basics of modeling, texturing, animating, and visual effects while the DVD provides further reinforcement with its instructor–led tutorial videos.
- Tackle the latest version of the wildly popular and complex animation and effects software: Maya 2010
- Learn to work in 3D space, build a character with polygons, and create and apply shaders and textures
- Explore particles and dynamics, apply forward and inverse kinematics, and set cameras and lights
- Discover how to use MEL (Maya Embedded Language) and explore rendering techniques
- The DVD includes clips from Roadside Romeo, as well as artist interviews and training videos
Get animated and start working with Maya today!