I got this for my 3.5 year old boy. I read the top 20 review, but wish I had read the bottom 20. They are far more accurate.
1) The screen is a cheap and nasty wipe clean type screen, not a proper screen. Not very good at all.
2) The bar which is supposed to wipe the screen clean sticks, which frustrated me and my boy, and rendered it useless.
3) The screen doesnt even hold the letters, sometimes they disappear as you write! Hugely frustrating.
4) The writing implement is enormous. Not easy to hold and not good practice for pens/pencils.
5) The writing implement is so big compared to the screen you have to hold it at an uncomfortable angle. Not good practice.
6) Some of the letters are taught different to at school and from logic. Who starts a "p" from the bottom of the stick?
7) The fact it doesnt do numbers as well as letter, and that you have to do the shapes in order and cant pick your own is just a con.
8) There is no provision or though preparing the lowercase letters for joined up. Something which is taught very early on for good reason, so you dont get stuck in a habit.
9) Dont fall for all the white and green branding, this is tat dressed up.
My advice, leap frog this product.
Will be sending back.