on 13 July 2009
This is a lovely book, easy to use with bright colourful pictures which engage small children. My biggest issue with this book however is that it teaches letter names (a as in rain) rather than letter sounds (a as in ant). Most nurseries and primary schools teach sounds first as it is easier to learn to read this way, however anything that interests small children in letters, books and reading is a good thing in my mind so in general it gets a thumbs up from me.LeapFrog Tag Junior Book Pal Green
on 31 December 2010
My parents gave this (as part of a larger set of Tag Junior goodies) to my 2 year old for Christmas 2010. He's hardly stopped playing with the Tag since, and absolutely loves this particular book.

Each page displays one or two letters of the alphabet, and each letter is accompanied by a colourful picture of an animal playing a musical instrument. For instance, at "Cc" we have a cat playing conga drums (both, obviously, beginning with "C"). Reading any of the pictures or the letters with the Book Explorer will result in the relevant music being played - in reasonable quality too! - or the letters being read, etc.

My little boy has already started repeating the letters, which is a great start after less than a week of intermittent play. I, for the record, can't stop laughing at the (Y)odelling (Y)ak. :-D

In summary, "ABC Animal Orchestra" is a great addition to the Tag Junior collection, particularly for any children just starting to learn their letters.
on 17 January 2011
This book needs a Tag Junior to use it to its fullest capability.

It has a musical theme so therefore has musical sounds with the Tag Junior and also puts a name to some musical instruments.

Would like more words to read with the Tag Junior but the book is nice and simple for the younger ones.
on 23 October 2010
This is my favourite Leapfrog Junior Tag book. The pictures are bright and captivating and the music is fun. A great introduction to the Alphabet.
on 12 January 2011
My 2 year old son now knows his ABC because of this book. He loves the instrument sounds of each letter.
on 8 January 2014
Another good book we purchased in the range for the grandson . He is 14months old and these are perfect for him to start with
on 15 November 2013
bought for my neice and i am told it is very educational, very good value for money.i would recommend the leap frog series
on 27 May 2014
Bought for my granddaughter aged 3 - now leaping ahead of her playmates in nursery as she learns more quickly
on 24 August 2012
I bought this for my Son who's just turned two. It's a simple book (as some people have mentioned) but it goes over and over the Alphabet with musical sounds and fun pictures of animals. So far it keeps his attention and he seems to enjoy it. Granted, it's not the most exciting book, but it's for little people and it seems ideal to help him gain familiarity with the letters - a good start and a good buy.
on 27 June 2011
We bought this along with the Curious George and Cars books, I think my son has only looked at this book twice! Not sure if thats too much of a reflection on this book being boring or if he just prefers the sounds the other two make. I wouldn't really recomend it though!