on 29 January 2009
This is the most versatile gift for a child, the older children can read it and just have the 'fun' value of hearing it read to them, for younger children its magic of having a book that talks and a great incentive to learn to read. For the grown ups its the chance to have a cup of tea and appreciate the fun of listening to children enjoying reading on their own.
on 5 February 2009
I love the tag system and my little girl who is 3 loves it too. but this particular book seems very short and has very little interaction in comparison to some of the other books eg: the diego book or the Mac book which comes with the Tag reader. Its feels as if it was created very quickly in order to rush it into the shops. whereas based on the mac book they could have done so much more with this. My little girl feels cheated that their are so few questions and games for her to try and therefore very rarely plays with this one. A shame - but if you do want a good version then the Diego one is very interactive, although still not as good as the original mac one.
on 6 March 2010
These books are great. My 4-year-old has a few and this is his favourite. He plays with it by himself for ages and seems to know most of the story by heart. The stories aren't particularly well-written though, and the games are a bit old for him as he can't read yet. However, the concept is really good, and once you have the 'pen', there are lots of books to collect.
on 4 June 2013
Bought this for my grandaughter who is mad on Disney and the Little mermaid, she loves it never gets board with it and it is interactive so you learns how to follow words and pace herself when reading
on 23 January 2014
Wow what can I say except that I am very pleased in seeing how my kids are improving in their basic intellectual and learning skills and learning about what is going on around them and within them selves. I am a big fan of LeapFrog
LeapReader. My one major dislike about leapfrog products is the music, I wish they would make more of these products without music. Without a doubt this distracts the kids by them not focusing properly on the tasks at hand, and this is not a constructive way to educate children. I truly believe that it would be more effective in teaching children without music.
on 11 February 2009
My daughter really enjoyed this book and even took it to school to show her friends..She was able to pick out quite a few words while the pen was telling the story..only drawback is not to push the pen down too hard on the page as it tends to mark the book with lines and dots, apart from that a worth while buy!
on 13 December 2014
Good story, got educational games inside to play use with leap reader pen
on 10 October 2012
Once again another great book from leapfrog my little girl gets so much fun from her tag books, shevloves all the princess etc and really enjoys learning with these
She really as started to get a great little collection together now
Defenaitly money well spent
on 13 January 2015
Popular reading mood with my granddaughter whilst being very educational it also provides great entertainment for a child wishes to learn to read. One of many stories available .
on 17 February 2013
Fantastic book, my daughter loves to read it (with her tag pen) by herself or with me. She's just started reading at school and this book is helping with her phonics.

See one answered question