Now with new coverage of authentic leadership and servant leadership, the Fifth Edition of Peter Northouse's Leadership remains the market-leading survey text for leadership courses across disciplines.
The new edition combines an academically robust account of major theories, approaches, models, and themes of leadership with an accessible style and numerous practical exercises to allow students to apply what they learn about leadership both to themselves and to specific contexts and situations.
Features and Benefits:
- Breadth of theory coverage is substantial yet synthesized in such a way as to leave room for specific application and greater discussion of discipline or program-specific issues.
- Numerous, contemporary case studies supplement each major theory or topic to allow students to apply leadership concepts to specific scenarios.
- Leadership instruments and questionnaires provide effective reflection opportunities and often add a a significant and immediate reality check to the theory presented.
- The chapter on Women and Leadership is expanded to broader diversity issues.
- The enhanced Instructor's Resources CD offers more test items, new cases, and access to academic journal articles, organized by topic and/or discipline.
- A new accompanying Study Site featuring additional topics, exercises, projects, cases, chapter summaries, video clips, and social networking tools encourages active participation and learning among groups inside or outside the classroom.