"I genuinely enjoyed reading the chapters and found the whole thing very interesting and informative! The book is easy to read and concise, covering subject areas systematically and holistically. This is a complete 'one stop shop' contemporary nursing textbook which I will be buying." - Jane Landon, Nursing student
"very interesting and easy to read and understand" - Sharon Moreby, Nursing student
"...extremely full of detail and illustrated well, with the right balance of text and imagery. [...] Beneficial to any adult nursing student, regardless of where they are in their nurse training." - Tianna Jarrett-Williams, Nursing student
"This book is very clear and concise and the language used is easy to understand but still very informative. [...] I would definitely buy this book as it makes anatomy and physiology easy to learn and would be an excellent revision aid." - Rebecca Matthews, Nursing Student, University of Hertfordshire
“This is a high-quality, well-written textbook, which is user friendly, strikes just the right balance of detail and has a good focus on building learning. Well worthy of purchase as it can be used throughout the three-year programme and beyond.” - Nursing Times
"I found this book to be a great resource in studying A&P and particularly whilst on placement, where it will help support a student and assist in seeing signs and symptoms and illness and disease." - Louise Goodyear, Nursing Student
From the Back Cover
"Adult Nursing: Acute and Ongoing Care is both interesting and informative. The book has sound links between anatomy, physiology, medical conditions and nursing practice. It is clearly written with good explanation of technical terms."
Fiona Heskins, Senior Lecturer, Anglia Ruskin University
“This book provides an informative overview of the pathophysiology, presentation, treatment and nursing care of key conditions. The writing style is engaging, with frequent reference to UK evidence, policy and support groups and there is also excellent use of case studies integrating theory with practice. The authors should be congratulated.”
David Barrett, Lecturer, Hull University
LeMone & Burke’s Adult Nursing: Acute and Ongoing Care is the ideal companion for nurses caring for adults in today’s changing healthcare system. With comprehensive coverage of contemporary nursing practice as well as a strong, evidence-based, theoretical underpinning tailored towards the new NMC competencies, this book provides a detailed and thorough resource for both the student nurse and nursing professional.
The book includes coverage of care in both hospital and community-based settings, with an emphasis on education of the patient and prevention of illness and disease.
The book, containing over 200 full-colour diagrams and photographs, includes the following features to facilitate and enhance learning:
- Case studies in every chapter to illustrate practical nursing care in real-world settings.
- Consider this boxes presenting triggers for reflection, debate and discussion.
- Community-based care features prompting consideration of individuals in a community or home-based setting.
- Fast facts pinpointing key statistics, points for reflection and discussion.
- Practice alerts emphasising pertinent areas of nursing practice where particular care must be taken including, for example, risk assessment, drug administration and infection control.
- Signs and symptoms listed in clear and straightforward bullet points throughout.
- Electronic resources are available online at www.pearsoned.co.uk/lemone, including PowerPoint slides and multiple choice questions to measure learning and understanding as you progress through the book.
LeMone & Burke’s Adult Nursing: Acute and Ongoing Care is essential for all students providing nursing care for adults; it is also a valuable resource for qualified nurses in practice.