on 8 July 2010
I purchased this for my 3yr old. There are a lot of parts to put together but instructions are good and parts are well fitted. So, initially I was very pleased. However, my 3yr kept pulling off the bay windows so I needed to glue them. Then the sash windows came off from the inside - I glued them. Now all parts are a bit more robust. The next problem I have with the house is the attic. You need to take the two chimneys off in order to lift the roof off, which is in two parts. One part, which is at the back, has a garden printed on the inside, which is a nice idea, but you then need to move the front bit of the roof to the back otherwise the whole attic are has no roof at all - if you get what I mean. A bit fiddly, especially for a 3yr old. Having said that, I feel my 3yr old is too young for this doll's house anyway and all the bits I've bought for it so the whole attic business might not be a problem for anyone else. Although the house appears big, there are only 4 rooms, that are relatively small compared with the furniture, and the attic space. I bought the Le Toy Van starter set, the Pintoy bathroom, Toy Van living room and Pintoy doll set and this fills the whole house adequately. There are cheaper and I feel better alternatives out there.
on 21 June 2009
I bought this for my nieces 3rd birthday & she loves it....must admit lots of adults are keen to play along too! I saw a different version of a Le Toy Van dolls house at a local store, did some research & found Amazon to be much cheaper. The house was simple to assemble, only a few screws, the rest slots in & holds each piece in place.
Looks very nice & pretty in a corner of a room as a piece of furniture.
I also purchased the nursery set & rosebud dining room set. We did plan to buy more for christmas etc - however we found that we had plenty of items to fill the house with these two sets. My niece chats away to herself whilst playing for hours, her imagination continues to thrive. We will definately be buying additional items like the caravan / car / garden set.
on 16 December 2014
lovely quality house look beautiful. I bought it for my 3 year old twins birthday and they love it. you do need to take the chimney pots off to push the roof back and when they do one of the roof windows falls off which is a bit annoying but overall very pleased.
on 9 November 2009
The whole family clubbed together and bought this dolls house for my 3 year old daughter last Christmas along with the Rosebud kitchen, living room, bathroom, bedroom and children's bedroom - although it was expensive - it has been worth every penny, as she's played with it every day since. The adventures her dolls house family have in the dolls house know no bounds (even the playmobil people come over for sleep-overs).

Despite being played with every day, it still looks immaculate - both the house and furniture are robust enough to cope with her and her friends playing with. Everyone who sees it admires it - it acts like a magnet to any little girl (and their mum) who enters our living room.
on 10 January 2011
I bought this dolls house for my grand daughter who is not yet two - although it says for 3 and over. She is really enjoying it and spends much time organizing the furniture and opening cupboard doors - putting baby in the cot etc. etc. My daughter is happy it isn't painted as she wants to do this herself. It is beautifully made with windows and doors that open - tremendous fun and hugely recommended. I didn't realise it was going to be flat-packed so you should allow time to set it up if it is a Christmas or birthday present - it takes about an hour.
on 6 November 2015
Have bought Le Toy Van before and as usual superb quality would recommend
on 27 September 2014
Looks gorgeous and absolutely loved by my daughter. A few down sides, the chimneys have to come off to lift the roof up, and after a few plays a few chips appeared. The top doesn't really fit any accessories. The front door and one of the front windows has broken when doll was pushed through, so not sure how sturdy it is. A little disappointed.
on 3 January 2011
this was a gift for my 6 yr old she loves this and I would def. recommend for anyone thinking of purchasing dolls house - great detail inside and outside house
on 27 July 2011
I bought this a 17 months ago for my daughter who is now 5. Its quality is very disappointing. It is made out of MDF and the material has become brittle. There was a small chip when it arrived but I thought nothing more of it and glued it back on. By now several bits have broken off and I expect it not to last to the end of the year. Very sad for an item I expected to last for a lifetime and eventually be used by siblings and then grandchildren. I am particularly sorry to report that a friend bought a much cheaper similar looking house from a well-known large toy store chain that I shall not name and that I normally try to avoid, but hers is made out of real wood and still standing strong after three years. It also looks better designed, if not as colourful.