- Paperback: 96 pages
- Publisher: TASCHEN GmbH (26 Nov. 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 3822835358
- ISBN-13: 978-3822835357
- Product Dimensions: 18.5 x 0.7 x 23.1 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.4 out of 5 stars See all reviews (10 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 294,186 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Le Corbusier Paperback – 26 Nov 2004
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More About the Author
About the Author
In 1997, the French Minister of Culture appointed Jean-Louis Cohen to create the Cite de l'architecture, a museum, research, and exhibition center in Paris's Palais de Chaillot. His research activity has been chiefly focused on 20th-century architecture and urban planning. He has studied German and Soviet architectural cultures in particular, and interpreted extensively Le Corbusier's work and Paris planning history. Cohen is the author and curator of many architecture books and exhibitions.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
There is no critical appraisal of the ideas or plans of Le Corbusier, many of which were unsuccessful and did not work although he has, without doubt, had a tremendous influence on modern architecture. Perhaps I am asking too much of a small monograph, but beware, if you are new to the subject, and it is likely that you are if you are considering buying this introductory monograph rather than a larger tome, you will not be very enlightened by the text. Like many of Taschen's books a chronological summary of the subject's life is provided.
Every time I see this book it says to learn more about this giant of his time.
I'm so impressed by the book I've bought a new pair of glasses and a notched lapel, double breasted blazer as 'Corbi' wore.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Architects
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Planning
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Types of Architecture > Public Buildings
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Types of Architecture > Religious Buildings
- Books > History > Religious History > Other Religions