From the Back Cover
Law for Business Students 3rd edition
Law for Business Students is written for readers who are new to the study of law. The third edition of this popular textbook continues to be straightforward and approachable. It is written in a lively style, and provides regular opportunities for student self-assessment throughout the book in the form of quizzes and examination style questions. The subject coverage of the book has been designed to follow the 'core' topics which appear most frequently on syllabuses and examination papers. It is also written to encourage a genuine interest in the subject of business law, stressing the fact that the law operates in the context of society and affects people on a daily basis.
Key features of this book
· Covers a wide range of topics in business law satisfying most syllabuses
· Up to date with recent cases and legislation
· Easy to read 2-colour text, avoiding legal jargon when possible
· Good range of short and more-challenging questions - can be used at a range of ability levels
· Includes study and examination skills.
New to this edition
· Expanded coverage of tort and contract law
· Increasing impact of the Human Rights Act emphasised in all relevant subject areas
· The Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumer Regulations 2002
· Implementation of the Framework Equal Treatment Directive 2000: increased scope of anti-discrimination law in the workplace
· The growth of the Limited Liability Partnership.
Law for Business Students is ideal for non-specialist students of business law on a variety of courses, from undergraduate degree programmes to professional courses in business and accountancy.
Alix Adams has over thirty years' experience of teaching law from GCSE to degree level and is a qualified Barrister. She is a Senior Lecturer in Law at Croydon College.
About the Author
Alix Adams has over thirty years experience of teaching law from GCSE to degree level and is a qualified Barrister.
--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.