on 29 July 2015
I AM DRINKING THIS COFFEE RIGHT NOW AND I CANNOT STOP SHOUTING AND WRITING IN CAPS LOCKS IT IS SO GOOD AND IT IS SUPER CAFFINATED AND PUNCTUATION IS FOR LOSERS THAT LIKE WEAK COFFEE
on 21 December 2011
having tried several different coffee beans this one is just right, lovely flavor not bitter even when you make it strong. suits me and our friends.
Lovely Lavazza beans in a good quantity. This is medium roast - not dark roast - and is just right if you grind your own beans. Value good value
on 4 July 2014
I love this coffee, I use it in a Moka, french press and a peculator and it always gives me the best cup of joe vs every other coffee bean I have ever used bar a bag of restaurant quality beans I got my hands on once. It has a very smooth and well rounded body, I find in the moka it gives a very strong espresso and its quite bitter too I think its my moka but I'm not sure.
I don't find myself getting sick of the taste of this coffee like I do with other brands coffee.

It is a very high quality bean from a high quality brand how can you go wrong.
on 16 December 2011
These amazing coffee beans are really good value. 1kg is a lot of beans for your buck. They'll make your house smell sophisticated too, even if you're busy watching Jeremy Kyle.
11 comment|65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 November 2013
I love the taste of these beans a rich, smooth flavour with no bitterness at all, but I can (now) buy them from Costco much cheaper!!
on 15 October 2011
Lavazza Qualita Rossa is one of my favourite coffees. It is great for use in coffee machines and stove-top espresso altough my friends also use it cafetieres and claim its excellent too. It has a distinct aroma of nuts mixed with chocolate without the bitterness of the Lavazza Espresso. It's perfect in the morning. in the afternoon or after your dinner. When prepared in a coffee machine it comes out with a white, unique creamy layer, like the one the package.

It does last reasonably long when used in a coffee machine and offers an excellent quality for a reasonable price.
on 20 October 2013
Fantastic coffee I love it tried many others but this gives you the kick you need in a morning and not to bitter
on 2 April 2014
I use it for my grind & brew filter machine. I cannot afford the speciality shops so have to do with supermarkets'. Tried a few different types, including single origins, from my local Waitrose. The beans I tried all had very good aroma (I think they are roasted and packed in the UK and generally hit the shelves and sell quickly) but all had a hint of sourness, which, whilst I understand is not unnatural in fresh coffee, I nonetheless do not like. So, I decided to go Italian! and got the Lavazza Qualita Rossa. I must say it doesn't exactly have the same aroma as the previous ones but it definitely has a better taste and no sourness at all. It a winner for me.
You already know Lavazza Qualita Rossa, don't you?
After all, it's like Coca Cola for cola drinks, Hellman's for mayonnaise or Nescafe Gold Blend for instant coffee, isn't it?

Well it is for me; it's a standard.

Having bought this ground for my moka pot for ages, after upgrading to a bean to cup machine I was pleased to see the beans offered at a good price on Amazon. I'd previously skipped the smaller bags in supermarkets as they don't provide such good value.

We all have our own tastes. But after trying a bunch of 'boutique' coffees, I came back to this for a reliable, tasty coffee. It doesn't taste of blackcurrant or chocolate so may not be so 'interesting' or 'exciting' but instead I simply find it 'enjoyable'.
When trying all the other wierd and wonderful blends out there, I use this as the 'control' for comparison.

The roast is lighter than many. There seems to be a popular fixation for novelty 'killer' blends but just like chilli sauce, I find that the strongest ones are definitely not the tastiest. With coffee, the strong blends are usually dark-roasted which I find just makes them terribly bitter. I don't like bitter.

So not the most exciting coffee, perhaps -but for me one of the most enjoyable.