Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn more Shop now Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 13 Mar 2009 11:38:56 GMT
LustigerPiet says:
With each new DVD it's the same old story... amazon does not provide any information about the languages.

Does anyone know if these sets come with German, French, Spanish or any audio track other than English?

Cheers!

Posted on 23 Mar 2009 18:38:49 GMT
N. Bracht says:
I am very interested in that inforamtion as well. But I think we will have to wait, until the sets are released....

Posted on 20 Apr 2009 03:02:23 BDT
Play.com is usually more forthcoming about language info, special feature breakdowns and what have you. Amazon have never been the best in this regard. Although at the moment, neither Play nor Amazon are listing such specifications. In fact, just a week away from release now, I would have thought we'd know more than we do. I believe even the packaging pictured is subject to change (although it will definitely be a slimline design). Actually, I'm dubious as to if these sets are on course to make the April 27th release date....with a release of this magnitude, I'd have thought we'd have got at least some info on the special features, languages and the final packaging design. But.....nothing....the pages have remained the same since I placed my pre-orders, which was months ago now.

I could hazard a guess that languages and subtitles would be at least the same as the latest slimline releases of TNG, DS9, VOY and ENT (which all contain the languages you enquire about)....but that is only an educated guess.

I tell you what, I'll set myself a reminder to check out my discs when they arrive (hopefully on release day next week), and I will get back to you on this. If you find out sooner...fair enough....if not, I'll be only too happy to help. :)

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Apr 2009 19:33:31 BDT
LustigerPiet says:
Sounds good to me, thank you very much.

Unfortunately, the most recent Star Trek Releases (Enterprise slimline) did NOT feature German audio, so I fear the guys and gals from Paramount want us to get the expensive local versions rather than saving some €€€ in the UK.
Bad luck :(

Posted on 23 Apr 2009 04:11:59 BDT
LOL....typical.....I've bought all of the TNG, DS9 and VOY slimline sets......never got ENT because I recorded them all to HDD off the TV and have since put together my own DVD collection. I just assumed they would be like the rest in the language department. Too bad.....your German market sets, if I remember correctly, come in two volumes per season. Is that correct? That is a shame, Torben. :(

Anyway, I've set myself a reminder on my phone....I'll *personally* check the new TOS discs the day they arrive (I was one of the first pre-orders so they should be here early next week), and I'll post back to let you know both the audio and subtitle languages. Sorry for making a wrong assumption regarding ENT.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Apr 2009 20:33:31 BDT
LustigerPiet says:
No need to apologize, checking the audio for us would be very kind. I cannot thank you often enough.
Many of "us" made the same guess and ordered the ENT slimline boxes, just to realize that the German audio track was not where they expected it to be *g*

And yes, your assumption concerning the German DVD sets is correct. TOS remastered, for example, comes as a 2-boxes-per-season edition, each half-season box is around 22 €, thats almost 20 £.
The price difference with TNG, DS9 and VOY is even more ridiculous. I got all my FULL SEASON sets from amazon.co.uk for like 17 €, each HALF-SEASON box in Germany was approximately 23 €.
I'll be back on Monday or Tuesday to check this thread for posts :)
THX again,

Torben

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Apr 2009 16:18:24 BDT
Hi there. I`m very interested in getting this information, too. Thank you so much. I`ll have a look in here next week. Bye Anja

Posted on 24 Apr 2009 18:51:41 BDT
Joss says:
Amazon France sell the seasons 39 €. Thanks to a voucher code I was able to have it 29 euro €. The season 1 has just been sent today. I shall have to receive it on Monday. We'lll know about languages, subtitles and bonus features on Monday. Next generation, DS9 and voyager can cost up to 50 € in France. Sorry for my english.

Posted on 25 Apr 2009 17:35:15 BDT
My seasons 1-3 remastered TOS DVD sets were dispatched today (first class post) by amazon.co.uk....so they should be here Mon-Tue. I'll check and post back first chance I get....I've not forgot guys. I very much hope I have good news for you. :)

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Apr 2009 12:41:13 BDT
ks-cologne says:
@Torben
Hi, you're right concerning the German half-season boxes of TOS remastered, but "at least" they come in nice steelbooks... ;)

Posted on 27 Apr 2009 14:04:42 BDT
Last edited by the author on 27 Apr 2009 14:09:57 BDT
Well they've just arrived now, folks. Good news and bad news I'm afraid - Good news being that the audio languages are: English, French, German, Italian and Spanish. The bad news is that only English is Dolby Digital 5.1, and the rest are Mono. I have run it through my amp to test that it isn't a misprint.....I'm afraid not, it is Dolby 2 channel mono on all but English....which is full surround. I thought this might be a shame for you, Torben, as the slimline sets for TNG, DS9 and VOY contain a 5.1 surround German audio track. Subtitled languages on these new TOS sets are: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Spanish and Swedish. Same audio and subs specifications for all three seasons. Only season one is all I've personally tested...for 2-3 I'm just going off the information on the box.

Oh, and the three seasons come in metal sleeves too, very flash indeed. Very slimline. Artwork is as pictured. See my contribution to the Special Features thread later on....I'll try and list the special features there.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Apr 2009 13:09:22 BDT
LustigerPiet says:
Thank you very much for these valuable informations!!!
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

I've read through some reviews of the German boy sets and it seems they only have German 2.0 audio as well.
Sounds like the UK boxes are a good deal.
Thx again (I know it's enough now *g*)

Torben

Posted on 28 Apr 2009 17:38:26 BDT
No problem, Torben. I hope you and your new DVD sets are very happy with each other. I'm very pleased with mine! :)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  13 Mar 2009
Latest post:  28 Apr 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions