Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-19 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 23 Mar 2010 10:42:03 GMT
cinemaphile says:
What are the available Sound tracks and Subtitles on these DVD please?

Posted on 11 May 2010 19:29:59 BDT
Last edited by the author on 16 Jun 2011 03:18:58 BDT
Cottontail says:
Sound track: English
Subtitles: English

Posted on 16 Jul 2010 09:18:41 BDT
Flo Seirer says:
Actually, it _does_ have subtitles (Hard of hearing).
I just bought the box and can confirm it.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Aug 2010 12:37:34 BDT
Hi Did you get this box set from amazon? Homicide: Life on the Street - The Complete Series [DVD]
Please say yes!! If not where did you buy it in th eUK as amazon.com have confirmed the usa boxset does not have english subtitles
Thanks
Dawn

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Aug 2010 17:53:35 BDT
Flo Seirer says:
Yes, I bought this boxset on Amazon UK.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Sep 2010 20:15:04 BDT
I have just received this box set from Amazon and is does NOT have any subtitles at all so don't buy this from Amazon if looking for english subtitles.

Posted on 7 Sep 2010 07:59:57 BDT
I don't understand... Is there HoH subtitles or not ? Freemantle told me each seasons were HoH subtitled, but I don't have a confirmation about "The complete collection box"... Can someone check again and confirm if there is HoH subtitles please ?

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Sep 2010 08:39:12 BDT
According to the box set that was sent to me via amazon.co.uk it said on the side of box 'subtitles - none' so I took it to mean exactly that. I should have opened the pack and put a disc in to be sure but I was worried that I would not get refunded by Amazon if I opened the pack. Sorry I can't help any further.

Posted on 7 Sep 2010 09:16:26 BDT
No problems Mrs Dawn, thanks for your reply !

Posted on 7 Sep 2010 16:01:02 BDT
Flo Seirer says:
Confusingly, it says "No subtitles" on the outside of the complete box set. But once you actually play them in your DVD player, the subs are right there on the TV screen. I checked it with every season.

Also weird: It says "Subtitles: None, Hard of hearing" on every individual season cover. Whatever that means. ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Sep 2010 16:57:35 BDT
Oh piddle!! I knew I should have given it a go!! Dilemma... do I buy it again and try my luck...?
Thanks for the update Flo.
Dawn

Posted on 13 Sep 2010 20:01:41 BDT
As Flo Seirer says there is definately english subtitles on the DVD set. The outside of the box does indeed state no subtitles, but once you open the set you see that each case [series] states Subtitles: None, Hard of hearing. When you put the discs in, go to the set up menu and you have the option to turn subtitles on or off.
I will see if Amazon will update the info section.
Dawn

Posted on 15 Jan 2011 22:04:15 GMT
N. Warde says:
Could seomeone tell me if the box set is in Full Screen or Widescreen? Thanks.

Posted on 17 Jan 2011 12:35:55 GMT
Last edited by the author on 17 Jan 2011 12:45:12 GMT
The original version of this TV series has an 1.33:1 aspect ratio on all seasons. Both the American DVDs and the UK edition are 1.33:1 (or full screen if you will). Making a Widescreen version of this DVDs would involve trimming out part of the image.

By the way, I suspect that my own copy of this collection (which I didn't bought directly from Amazon) may be counterfeit, because the impression quality on the discs themselves is very low. Can somebody post a picture of the front side of some Amazon-bought Homicide first season discs? (The discs themselves, not the DVDs cases).

Cheers.

Posted on 17 Jan 2011 12:38:36 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 17 Jan 2011 12:38:55 GMT]

Posted on 17 Jan 2011 15:54:55 GMT
Last edited by the author on 17 Jan 2011 21:06:14 GMT
I uploaded pictures of my discs so you can see what I meant:
- http://img141.imageshack.us/g/photo2ec.jpg/

Isn't it weird that the 'age rating' symbols are black and white rather than in the red colour? Also, see the rating circle, it is not well defined at all, doesn't look like a regular high-quality DVD.

Update:

I discovered another thing that makes my suspicious: it seems my discs are R0 (and the back of the cover states a 0 in the Region Field). See these pictures:
- http://img690.imageshack.us/g/photo4oz.jpg/

I believe the original discs are R2, can anybody confirm this with the actual discs in hand?

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jan 2011 14:13:34 GMT
A. Kane says:
Just received my boxset, and it is the same as yours. Picture quality is ok though, so I don't think they are counterfeit, just badly made packaging.

Posted on 13 Mar 2011 11:31:44 GMT
Arnaud Savry says:
Hello,
So I'm French and considering buying this, are the English subtitles Hard of hearing only? Or is there regular subtitles as well?
Thanks !!
Arno

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Mar 2011 21:00:35 GMT
A. Kane says:
There is only regular subtitles not hard of hearing ones.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  19
Initial post:  23 Mar 2010
Latest post:  13 Mar 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Homicide: Life on the Street - The Complete Series [DVD]
Homicide: Life on the Street - The Complete Series [DVD] by Richard Belzer (DVD - 2010)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (37)