- Product Dimensions: 45.7 x 53.3 x 109.9 cm ; 24 Kg
- Boxed-product Weight: 29 Kg
- Delivery information: We cannot deliver certain products outside mainland UK ( Details). We will only be able to confirm if this product can be delivered to your chosen address when you enter your delivery address at checkout.
- Item model number: 3495GLA
- ASIN: B005TH1T72
- Date first available at Amazon.co.uk: 10 Jan. 2012
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 70,812 in Garden & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Garden & Outdoors)
Vertical Gas Smoker
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
This 34" vertical Smoker from Landmann features Easy Access drawers to the water pan and chip box. It has durable large plastic door and drawer handles, four cooking grates, rotary ignition, porcelain coated enamel water pan and steel chip box w/ lid. Includes adjustable chimney vent and two side vents for temperature control
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
"I.LOVE.IT. That should be a good enough reason to go out and buy one but I am sure that is not convincing enough. So here are my reasons why I bought it:
1 - I knew I definitely did not want a charcoal smoker. I was leaning towards the electric smoker so I could regulate the temperatures until I saw propane was an option. In our self sufficient, survivalist, homesteading way of thinking....we should get propane because you can still cook on it if you lose electric. The top and drawers come off and you are left with a heat source to cook with.
2 - I knew it had to be tall enough to hang the meat casings (about 18" long) and to hang a pork belly (we want to start making and smoking our own bacon). This model comes with (4) shelves which are all removable and a meat hanger.
3- I knew I wanted the wood and water sections separate from the meat. Most smokers, you have to open the whole thing up to check your wood supply and water level which lets out all your heat and smoke. This model lets me pull open a separate drawer for the wood and another separate drawer for the water and I never have to open the top meat door.
4 - I love it
Ok. Ok. Still not convinced? I ordered this thing on Black Friday and it was on my door step the following Tuesday. Impressive? I say so. Then Rambob started rolling his eyes when he saw we had to put some if it together. That was my cue to walk away. In some situations we do not work well together and putting things together is one of them. I came back about 30 minutes later and he was actually smiling. He said look at this...they put everything you need for each step in a baggie and each baggie is labeled.
He said he has NEVER put anything together as easy as this was. He wished all companies would take a page out of Landmann's book."
If you want to read the full review and me rambling on - [...]
1. Does allow you to keep the large door closed while you attend to the water and wood areas.
2. Cast Brass Burner- a must for longevity.
3. The handles on the side are just right for moving the unit around.
4. All bags come clearly marked for very easy assembly.
The not so good:
1. Poor bubble gum welds all around and doors that don't line up.
2. The smoke leaks from everywhere making it very difficult to keep it where you want it.
3. Since the smoke leaks out the heat leaks out too.
4. When adding more wood the internal temp of the smoker must be watched closely or it will get out of control.
I bought this because it was cheap and that's what I got. I'm reasonably happy with it's overall performance but its not a set it and forget it contraption. I feel that the cast brass burner and top vent add some value but don't overshadow the more negative aspects of the smoker. I'll need to put new hinges on, a high temp door gasket, and I am using a Smoke Daddy cold smoker to produce the needed smoke and be more consistent. This works much better and prevents the wild swings in temp I got by using the internal wood pan.
Another feature that is shown in the photos, a welded-on drip channel on the main door, is NOT on the smoker we received.
This is great for someone needing a smoker rack area for small cuts of meat, but not suitable for larger volume meats.
Sadly, we are sending it back.