Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now

on 3 January 2012
Thoroughly enjoyed reading these two books, "LANCELOT AND THE WOLF" and "LANCELOT AND THE SWORD". I am a great Knights of the Round Table fan and although this is a completely new take on the tale - it works, as all the well known parts and charactors of the original story are included and as it is mostly legend and myth, whos to say whats true or false. The only jarring bit for me was the up-to-date swear words which jolted me out of the story each time they were used, far to modern for a story of that long ago. Otherwise i found it very hard to put the books down and now eagerly await the release of the third part of the series "LANCELOT AND THE GRAIL"
on 21 August 2012
I'm not overly familiar with Arthurian legends, so I can't speak to its accuracy, but I really enjoyed this book as a story. I'll be downloading the next book soon and I can't wait to see how things turn out for our heros. The main down side of the book is the lack of editing, mostly resulting in stray wandering commas. It can occasionally be a bit jarring when a sentence doesn't read correctly the first time due to this, so if this is likely to drive you crazy, consider yourself warned.

The other main criticism levelled at this book is that the characters may have kinds of sex that you, the reader, do not personally wish to participate in yourself. If the gay sex scenes really are going to bother you, then this is not the book for you, but part of the job of fiction is to be able to experience lives that you personally would never live. I'm not a gay man, but I'm also not a knight of Camelot, or fey, but that doesn't stop me enjoying those aspects of the story.
on 10 May 2012
Being pretty much ignorant of Arthurian legend I was surprised how completely absorbed I became in this world of enchanted woods, spells and knightly battles. But, for me, the magic of this story lies in the way it explores the complexity of human sexuality - and the way love and attraction can surprise and challenge us. I could really relate to the characters and the journey they were on. I absolutely loved this book and would heartily recommend it!
on 4 February 2012
Wow! That is all I can say about this book. It is the first in a series about the Knights of Camelot, more specifically the relationship between Lancelot du Lac and King Arthur. This story is not for the faint hearted, and you need an open mind to truly appreciate it. There is lots of myth and magic, and it has really got me thinking about the true history of England and how it might have been in other circumstances... Although its primary focus is relationships including love, romance and friendship, there is lots of action and bloodshed in this book, understandable given the subject matter. If you like stories of Camelot, and you like something that is outside the box, I am sure you will enjoy this. I was so excited that I had to read the second book straight after, and now I can't wait for the third!
on 26 March 2012
I was not sure what to expect when recommended this book as it is not my usual bed time reading.But how glad I am that it has crossed my path. I really enjoyed it, right from page one. I instantly wanted to know why and how Launcelot was in the predicament we find him in. The story just flows with a number of twists and turns that are quite unexpected. It is fast placed, dramatic and a very enjoyable read and not what you would expect from other tales of Arthur and Lancelot. Off to order next book in the series to find out what happens next!!
on 4 February 2012
I was magnetically drawn into another world and the story played before me like a film reel in my head. The character of Lancelot, a man of strength and honour, engaged me from the start and had me rooting for him throughout his trials and ordeals, willing him on to succeed in his mission. The dark nature of the piece mesmerised and compelled me to read on. The complex relationships at the root of Knight and King, and magic enchanted. I want more.
on 9 September 2013
I have mixed feelings about this novel, the first in a rather long series.

Some reviewers (especially on Am.) focus on its gay content hurling insults at the author for the gay twist she chooses to give to the Arthurian myth. While everyone is certainly entitled to his own opinions a simple reading of the editorial blurb would have prevented their delicate heterosexuality from being tarnished by this "sinful" work.

Let us concentrate on this work's REAL assets and issues:

- the author is a born storyteller and that is exactly what kept me reading despite many misgivings. Her plot is tight, fast, compelling. There is not a single dull moment, every scene is well thought of and alive.

- characterization is far from flawless.
Psychologies are not always consistent and they tend to change according to the author's need to outline a good climax. Characters are also kind of stereotyped with just some interesting twist here and there;
- the number of anachronisms is staggering;
- inconsistencies in minor details, typos and mistakes cry out lout for a good editor to take this work into his hands.

I am not sure wether I will be reading the next episodes anytime soon. I tend to notice editorial issues and I fear they will only increase as the series progresses. A pity as the gay twist to the Arthurian tale was a much needed development.
on 8 July 2012
The angst, the yearning - completely heartbreaking in places and uplifting in others. This is Camelot with a twist and I loved it!
on 22 October 2011
I wasn't sure what to think of this book during the first twelve or so chapters, because it didn't really seem to have much to do with gay literature... thankfully it began to change once Lancelot and Arthur were reunited. I found myself really enjoying the book, especially towards the end when both of them were finally honest with their feelings. I then became concerned with how their relationship would play out over time.

This book is the first of a series, the second "Lancelot and the Sword" was just released and it just keeps getting better. I highly recommend this book series for anyone who has an open mind and heart.
on 21 December 2011
Lancelot and the Wolf combines drama from my favorite historical period, medieval with a strong sexuality thread. This is storyline is hard to put down and draws you on to the next section of this adventure. Arthurian legends have never been told this way before, I am hooked.