on 15 September 2007
Our daughter loves this. I bought it for her when she was about 2 months old, but she really started enjoying it when she was better able to deliberately grab stuff. Now she enjoys trying to stuff it all in her mouth!

The peacock is brightly coloured on the front, with black and white patterns on the back - great for newborns. It also has a squeaker and a bell and scrunchy textures too. It seems really well made, with lots of things to explore.
on 14 July 2009
I bought Jacques for my baby when she was a few weeks old. She loved the back of him(black and white) then and as the months have gone on she's discovered new bits and has fallen in love with him over and over again. When she was tiny I clipped him to the hood of the pram and she loved watching and reaching up to him. For a while he hung on her cot and she'd fall asleep staring up at him. Now (9 months) he's in her cot along with the rest of her menagerie and she's happy to wake up and have a play in the morning before shouting for me. I'm now used to waking up to the crinkling of his cellophane-lined wings.
on 31 January 2012
Wasn't quite sure whether to write a review - as I bought this for my parrot! And she loves it!! So five stars for this excellent toy.
on 6 November 2009
This item is so good i ended up buying 4 of Lamaze products. My grandson loves them and we take them everywhere we go.
on 3 December 2008
This is one of the first toys I bought for my baby boy, and it has been one of the best value. He was 2 months old when I first attached it to his pram, and he used to stare at the black and white back for ages, mesmerized. Now he is 8 months old and still facinated. He loves trying to put him in his mouth, loves looking at his reflection in the mirror, loves his crinkly wings, and loves all the different colours and textures.

Lamaze toys are just fab - well made, colourful, good value and my son loves all of his. Plus they are dead handy for clipping to a change bag or a pram before you head out the door and take up no room.
on 26 November 2014
Jacques the peacock is an impressive toy with so much to interest a baby.

To start with its got a solid base to help it stand but a single touch from a baby will knock it over, on the 1st feather (left to right) you have a light/dark pink striped colour soft squishy ball and a soft bobbly feel orange squeaky toy, next a yellow striped soft feel rattle with various coloured tassels around it, next a mirror with a red frame and for last multiple feathers vary from small to big, colour and texture/materials.

The product has a massive variety of colours, textures, patterns and a few noises .. there's even patterns on the back of each feather in black and white, patterns including stripes, circles, triangles and squares.

It's had a lot of use by our twins yet has suffered no visible damage, the white clip is strong and has enough flexibility to be connected to other products.

For an adult, it's pleasing to look at and amazing but this is not 1 of our twins ( boy and girl ) favourite/comfort toys but as they have grown older (7 months) it has been seeing more and more use, most of lamaze toys were of no interest to our twins until recently which they use a lot.

Overall this product is superb .. but baby's are unpredictable when it comes to toys they like so I would never pay full retail for this product, if it's on deal get it ! .. the only problem I had with this toy is a massive brand name (lamaze) sown right in the middle .. WONKY!?

This product is also hand wash only.

Hope this review helps, happy purchasing and thanks for reading.
on 13 February 2016
I've used jaques peacock for two of my children, he is well-loved! I bought him for my first when he was 8 months old and he liked the colourful side with the different textures, he liked to feel the soft bits and make the crinkle noises, its great for tummy time or having on the playmat. My first is now too old for it so passed it down to my 3 week old and he loves it too, even from such an early age, he likes to stare at the black and white high contrast side, stops him crying sometimes!
on 12 March 2016
I have to admit that I've become a bit of a Lamaze addict. I discovered these toys whilst looking for something that can be used from birth as so many toys cannot be. The Lamaze range is fun, colourful and interesting to baby and Jacques the peacock certainly didn't dissapoint. The bright colors and patterns are great for little ones as are the different textures and sounds. Jacques is one of around 10 Lamaze toys our little one owns and definitely one of her favourites.
on 29 June 2008
I have bought this toy for my daughter when she was around 7 weeks old and have initially hanged it so that she could see the back of the toy - it is made of a round red base with black and white patterns on the four "wings" and resembles a half-flower with four petals. The black and white high-contrast patterns are great for the younger babies, so my daughter spent many happy hours fascinated by it and just hitting the toy with her fist.

At around 10 weeks she was able to turn the peacock around and reveal the side full of colour. Then came the textures - there are plenty of "bits" for the little hands to catch. It seems that there is no end to her finding enjoyment in this toy as she discovers different features step by step (she still hasn't discovered the squeaker and the rattle). At 3 months now, she is trying to put it in her mouth whenever I unhook it, however I think that it works best hanged nearby as it is quite large and covers her entire face when played with.

Overall this is one of the best toys I bought for my daughter so far and she plays with it for long spells of time daily. It is of Lamaze quality (i.e. top) and very cleverly designed to appeal to a growing baby throught different stages of development.
on 1 August 2014
This has been my little one's fave toy for a long time, he loved when he was too small to hold it, he loved it when he worked out he could make it rattle, he loved chewing it when he started to teeth, he still just enjoys playing with it.

Bright, fun and really tactile. It is great quality, can survive the washing machine! The clip means you can take it anywhere and attach to anything. A really brilliant and well thought out toy.