on 13 February 2013
This drive is fast. I use it both with my MacBook Air, and Dell XPS. I can copy files at less than 4 secs/GB but there seems to be little difference between the speed of the Thunderbolt interface and the USB 3. On my Dell I was running virtual machines from this drive, and they ran faster and smoother than they did running from the Dell's own HDD. The drive is formatted NTFS so both the MBA and Dell can use it (you need a small utility for the MBA to be able to write to it) the only drawback being that Time Machine will not work with NTFS. The drive comes complete with Thunderbolt and USB 3 cables. I know this drive is expensive, and since Thunderbolt seems no faster than USB 3 you are paying a large premium for what is really just another port, although it does leave both USB ports free on the MBA. I have been using this drive constantly for about 5 months now, without any problems. I was considering docking a star because of the high price, but that's the fault of the Thunderbolt interface, and I think that could be more fairly laid at the feet of Apple.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again