Will minimise repeating others.
Summary: excellent buy, functional, attractive, robust.
* Exposes buttons and ports covers most of rest.
* The case does not interfere with full use, just leave it in the case.
* Comfortable to carry. Secure feeling.
* Cover works very well as prop/stand in landscape posture if you have a flat surface available.
* Feels substantial without being heavy and bulky. Attractive as such a beast can be, will not attract scorn for your frugalness.
* iPad fits in well, and can easily be removed from case. Could perhaps have a snugger fit, but it is fine as is. Has magnetic latch and a physical snap-on latch when 'closed'.
* Dye does not come off, at least with the modest wipe downs I have given it. Stitching seems fine.
* iPad probably does slide down inside slightly too far (I hadn't noticed until reading this in another review). A couple of stick on plastic pads should correct.
* Could have a snugger fit, but not such that I are anxious about it. When 'open' it slides out, rather than falling out, when held upside down, but only if you are holding it at the edges with both hands - it is difficult to get it to slide out holding upside down with only one hand. However, if kids will be passing/slinging it about when open I would recommend a small rubber pad. With the cover snap closed this is not a danger.
* I may be more tolerant of smells, as I don't recall any unusual odours.