on 10 January 2015
I've had the LG G3 for over two months now and I'm very impressed by it. The LG G3 is a great phone at a small price. You get specs as good (or very close) as the other flagships for £150 less (as of today, 10th January).

Design and Build 5/5
One thing to really take into account is THIS PHONE IS BIG. You probably won't be able to reach the top of the screen with your thumb. However you don't need to do this often in android anyway. The only time you frequently have to reach the top of the screen is to expand notifications, and you can actually add a button for this (like in my pictures). Within a week you'll be completely used to it.
Instead of using plastic like Samsung, which feels cheap, or using metal like HTC, which is heavy, LG have opted for a middle-ground: plastic with metallic paint sprayed on top! It leaves no fingerprints and the grip is good.
The phone is quite compact for its screen size, which is partially due to LG having placed all its physical buttons on the back of the phone. This seems radical, but after you get used to it you won't want to go back. The double-tapping the screen turns it on, which solves the problem of waking it when face up on a surface.
The LG G3 has a microSD card slot allowing you to increase the capacity by up to 2TB.

Display 4/5
The first ever device to use a QuadHD display, the LG G3 is beautifully crisp. However the legibility in sunlight and contrast are a little poor. The colours aren't as vibrant and in your face as with a Samsung display, but personally I prefer it like this. The screen doesn't get darker at an angle so watching with others works fine.

Software 5/5
I've now had Android 5.0 lollipop running on this phone since around the 20th of December. This makes The G3 only the second phone to get the lollipop update in the UK after Google's own Nexus 5, despite not being as large as Samsung and HTC, which still don't have their UK update now. I have experienced no real bugs with this update as well.
The UI is beautiful, adapting a lollipop style even before lollipop came out. The apps are colour coded and have a modern, intuitive flat look. (See images 1 through 3).
There are plenty of customisation options if you feel like taking a dive into the settings, but they aren't in you don't need to look at them if you don't want to. These include: font size and type, nav bar buttons, various lock screens and turning off most of the features if you don't want them.
There are THREE multi-tasking capabilities: Qslide, Dual Window and Recent Apps.
Qslide provides you with overlaid draggable windows of the LG apps, kind of like on a PC. These can be made translucent and clicked through. (See image 4)
Dual window allows you to literally run two apps on one screen. This is only compatible with some apps though. (See image 5)
Recent Apps: this saw a redesign in lollipop. Your (open) apps are shown as a series of cards that you can click to open or swipe to close. (see image 6)
In summary, the software is full of features and relatively intuitive, with hints popping up to explain features.

Performance 4/5
Although it isn't regarded as the fastest flagship, the G3 is currently in the top 20 or so smartphones for speed. Most users won't see any real difference with other flagships. The apps could honestly load a little faster, but it'll be better than any 2 year old phone you may come from.

Camera: 5/5
The front camera is of OK quality, allowing you to do video chats in HD, but it isn't a high resolution `selfie camera'
The rear camera is great. With 13MP it is capable of taking high definition pictures and video at up to 4K resolution and 30fps. The pictures it takes are arguably as good as or better than all the competition. There's a powerful dual-tone flash and a laser auto-focus for quick focusing.
The interface is simple, but there are many features to play with. Such as:
- Gestures to take selfies.
- Holding down the down volume button when the screen is off to launch the camera app
- Voice commands (cheese!) to take a picture
- A good quality HDR mode
- Panorama

Battery 5/5
For such a high definition, large screen you get quite a good battery life. I can definitely make it through a day with battery to spare. You can probably make it through two with a few tricks:
- Turn off google location reporting - this stops you using fitness apps, but has few other down sides
- Turning on aeroplane mode when you sleep. Or at least wifi and data.
- Turning the brightness down or not leaving the screen on.
- Using the built in power saving mode (cripples some features though)
Wireless charging is built in, but you'll have to buy a wireless charger. The official LG one is pretty decent.
The battery is removable! This is great because it will extend the life of your phone. Replace your battery after a year or two and battery life will be restored!

A few miscellaneous features include:
- Knock Code: make a pattern of taps in 4 sectors of a box on the screen to unlock it, even with the screen off. This is safer than a pattern lock (no grease patterns) and it's easier to do.
- Infra-red Blaster: Allows you to use your phone as a TV remote! Also works for many other devices that use infra-red.
- NFC with android beam
- Chromecast and Miracast for mirroring the display to TVs.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
88 comments|83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Please find my updated thoughts at the end of the review. Thanks

--------------------------------------------------

When it comes to gadget purchases i can be an impulsive guy. I see the one that catches my eye and I prone to buy it without hesitation ( of course going through the early reviews ). This exactly is one of the reasons I have two many of them and I just love living with them. Given my history ( Reviews on Amazon ) please do not be surprised that I now am a proud owner of the LG G3 ( my 4th phone in less then 12 months ) and ready to share my thoughts with the wider community. Let's get into it without wasting anymore time.

Build Quality --> Top Notch ( 5/5 )

Build quality has never been LG's biggest asset. I don't remember the last time LG carved out a flagship phone with top build quality. G2 was ok but not the best built phone of 2013. Well welcome to LG of 2014 and we have a sturdy and quality handset in the form of LG G3. The chassis at the back of the G3 almost catches you by surprise as if it was metal. Well they deceptively have been able to make it look like that & the brushed metallic finish on a polycarbonate body almost matches that of the HTC One M8. It's the best finish to a plastic back I have ever witnessed & experienced. Kudos to LG for making something so profound & elegant. It makes you feel why Samsung couldn't achieve all that despite of having a bigger stature then LG in the Android world. Despite of the metallic finish it surprisingly doesn't attract any finger prints plus it gives you a very reassuringly comfortable non slippery grip. Even the feel to the volume rocker and power button has been much improved too. IR blaster sits at the very top right side of the phone and 3.5 mm jack sits nicely along with the micro USB charging port at the very bottom. The SD Card ( expandable up to 128 GB ) slot is a very welcome addition and rests inside the removable chassis right on top of the Micro SIM Card Slot. My only minor gripe would be with the LED Notification light which is not as bright as it was on the G2. All in all it's a great feel in the hand and doesn't feel like a big phone. My M8 at 5" is actually taller then this 5.5" mini monster the LG G3 :D. The overall build quality has massively improved over the G2. Well done LG!!!

Screen Quality --> Very Nice ( 4.5/5 )

Quad HD ( twice the amount of 720P ) is the future in screen technology and that's exactly what LG has put in the G3. Is it too early when most of us are happy with 1080P screens already ? Yes and No. Yes because I have my M8 next to my G3 and frankly speaking the difference in day to day stuff is hardly noticeable. No because somebody had to do it eventually so it's good that LG has taken the lead. In fact right after LG launched the G3 in Korea Samsung launched the QHD version of the S5 which most people are not even aware of in Europe and the rest of the world. So Kudos to LG for beating Samsung on that front.

Screen quality is amazing on this 5.5" IPS LCD and you get wowed by that edge to edge screen once you turn the phone on. You guys must be wondering then why 4.5/5. Reason because there are somethings I didn't like on the G3 screen. Firstly the screen,despite having a pixel density of 534 ppi and a mind boggling resolution of 2560*1440, is still on the warmer side. Contrast ratio is also only at 830:1 whereas on the G2 it was at 1330:1 resulting in whites being slightly washed out. Reason is obviously because of the pixel arrangement which I don't want to discuss here as many of you would get confused. You notice these minor differences only when you put the G3 next to the other flagships of 2014 like the M8 or the S5 which both have better contrast ratios and much more brighter screens. Nevertheless the screen is still sharp and has plenty to offer for majority of the people. Only the most critical ( like myself lol ) would raise a finger or two. But despite of all that I am thoroughly enjoying my G3's screen and have downloaded a few 2K videos from YouTube and they look amazing. You really have to download 2K quality video to do justice with the screen.

Performance & Call Quality--> Admiring ( 4/5 )

G3 comes with the best possible hardware available at the time of writing.

- Snapdragon 801 Chipset clocked at 2.5 Ghz coupled with 2GB of RAM
- Adreno 330 GPU
- 3G/4G

Performance as you would expect is respectable. Everything from apps to other items opens fairly quick but it's not all glory. In day to day use there is definite lag under the finger which is not visible on my HTC One M8. To me M8 is the benchmark of Android at it's very best. Lag is visible specially when you get into the app drawer & swipe across screens to go through different apps. But other regular stuff like Whtsapp,Viber,Skype,YouTube,browsing was silky smooth & responsive. I never felt like as if the phone was slow or laggy. Performance on the gaming was outstanding too. I played several big titles like GT Racing 2,Injustice Gods Among Us,RoboCop,Fruit Ninja & many more & found no issues whatsoever. Strangely enough one of my favourite titles Real Racing 3 was missing from the Play Store. Could be a compatibility issue & I hope it comes back in near future. Apart from the occasional hiccup here & there the performance seems to be on par with other flagships from 2014 but I would definitely like LG to fork out these minor issues with an update ASAP as it's simply not acceptable for a phone as powerful as the G3 to lag.

I generally don't mention keyboards in my reviews but I have to admit here that the keyboard on the G3 is one of the best I have ever used ( trust me I have used quiet a few with Google & SwiftKey Keyboards being one of my favourites ). For the first time in a long time I haven't replaced the standard keyboard on an Android phone. LG have done really well with there keyboard & it's fast,responsive & accurate with outstanding levels of auto correction. You can even adjust the height of the keyboard which is simply awesome & this is one of my favourite features on the phone. Having bigger or smaller hands for typing is not a problem anymore & any size of hands can easily type on the G3 keyboard. You can even reduce the width of the keyboard for one handed use. Brilliant LG!!

Call quality on the G3 is quiet loud & crystal clear. I had no issues with making or receiving phone calls whatsoever. Signal strength on my Three network was absolutely fine with no problems whatsoever.

Sound Quality --> Amazingly Improved (5/5)

Now this is one area where I wasn't happy with the G2. There were big claims too at the G2 event last year in 2013 but this year the claims are more meaningful & actually showing results. The sound from the G3 speaker is very loud indeed & it certainly seems to be a 1Watt speaker with a built in Amplifier ( as LG claims ). In fact I was surprised to see that the speaker on the G3 was nearly as loud as the BoomSound speakers on my M8. I only wish LG had somehow put the speaker/speakers at the front of the G3 as the sound gets muffled when the G3 is lying flat on a table. If you turn the phone around & play music then it gets seriously loud & depending on the audio quality can actually sound crisp too. Even with headphones on the sound is very loud & clear as opposed to the G2 where the same pair of headphones actually disappointed me. G3 certainly has improved in the sound department & I am glad that the sound,both internally & externally,is not a problem anymore on the G3.

Whether you are playing games or watching videos on YouTube or going on a long journey ( headphones plugged in ) you will be a very satisfied customer & content with your money well spent.

Camera --> Best Ever In A Smartphone (6/5)

Yes this is how good the camera on the G3 is that I was forced to give it 6/5. The laser auto focus may sound gimmicky but hell it actually works people. It's one of the fastest focusing camera I have ever used in a smartphone. It focuses very quickly & before you know it the picture is taken. The G3 allows you to tap on the focus area to both focus and take the photo in one go saving time and allowing you to take picture after picture with no wait. All this means is that you will never miss those important moments which often need to be captured instantly. Apparently this laser focus technology has been taken from LG's Robot Vacuum Division & is also the same technology used by the Police in there speed guns. Now this is one area where most camera phones struggle & kudos to LG for addressing to all these essential areas of photography & giving us a bloody fast focusing camera. Well done LG!!

The ever present OIS+ ( Optical Image Stabilisation ) thankfully works this time around. On the G2 a steadier hand was needed instead of the OIS ( non functional ) & on the G3 OIS+ seems to be effective. Even during a bit of movement the G3 is able to take clear snaps which is good news because that is what OIS is for.

Picture quality was outstanding too. I was in Central London the other day on a training course & ended up taking a lot of photos both indoors & outdoors. The quality was simply outstanding even though I did see some over saturated colors but then which phone manufacturer doesn't do it these days. I even ended up shooting 4K video & it was excellent as well. Pictures & videos look outstanding on that Quad HD screen.

I compared the low light performance of the G3 with my M8 & I was surprisingly shocked to see that G3 actually matched ( in some cases outperformed ) the "Master Of Low Light" HTC One M8. Now this is an outstanding achievement by LG & apart from iPhone 5s I have seen no other phone giving the M8 run for its money in low light performance. The Camera on the G3 is shockingly awesome & if you are a photography enthusiast then don't look beyond the G3. It's simply the best & easiest to use camera you will ever see on a smartphone. Simple !!!

Battery Life --> Not As Bad As They Say (4.5/5)

Well well well !!!! Yes the Battery life on the G3 & the terror it's been striking into the hearts of most potential users. The thought of a Quad HD screen playing havoc with the battery life can of course be a nightmare for some but not for a daring company like LG. It's nowhere near as bad as it could have been. LG has fitted a removable ( Thank You LG ) 3000mAh battery into the G3 which on a good day can return decent screen times both on WiFi & 3G/4G before needing a recharge.

My daily usage included Whtsapp,Viber,Skype,emails,listening to music on my way to work,Appy Geek,text messaging & a few odd calls & the phone was able to cope up all day. Of course gaming & streaming videos will drain the battery out much quicker but the phone can certainly last you a day provided you keep the brightness levels around the 70% mark max. Go any further & the battery will start to drain quicker because of the pixel dense screen which is understandable. Most people will either keep the Auto Brightness switched on or will keep the brightness between 60-70% which is obviously ideal.

LG promised in there G3 event that the battery life will not be effected by the Quad HD screen as the G3 software was optimised & that certainly seems to be the case. LG also promised that the phone would return a similar standby time to a 1080p phone & that too is the case here. My G2 has excellent standby times & G3 easily matches the standby times of the G2. I left my phone fully charged one night & got up after 9 hrs 47 mins & the battery was still 100%. That did bring a smile to my face as my M8 had lost 3% in the same time left along fully charged too. M8 performs admirably better in day to day use of battery life as compared to the G3 but combining there pros & cons they both return almost the same performance on battery life. Unfortunately the G3 can't match the supreme battery life of the G2 & that was never to be expected because of the QHD screen on offer with the same battery size of 3000 mAh. Nevertheless the battery on the G3 is respectable & should last you a day without a problem.

I was very confused like you are right now after reading several mixed reviews about the battery life but I am very satisfied with battery performance now that I have used the phone for a few days & you can take my word for it. Keep the brightness under control & refrain from gaming & video streaming & the phone will last you almost all day. Moderate use can even make it go beyond a day.

Using the camera did see the battery drain more quickly and the battery wouldn't last beyond a day if you were a snap freak. It happens on most phones anyways & nothing to be worried about.

Verdict:

LG G3 is the real deal Android super Smartphone. It has an incredible & vivid screen,decent battery life, good performance and a damn bloody fast camera.Yes the phone is plastic but this is the best premium plastic you are going to get and the LG engineers have done well to make such a large screen smartphone seem as small as it does.

The LG Software has enough innovative features in there to outweigh the bad & that's one of the reasons why I got the phone. I often fancied the Galaxy Note but when I saw this 5.5" beauty in a small chassis I simply couldn't resist the charms of the G3. For those looking for a big and bright smartphone with fast performance, a great camera and one of the best screens in this size then the LG G3 matches anything on the market today.

My opinions are based totally on my experience & can differ from others. Feel free to ask any questions that you may have & I will try my best to help. Thanks

P.S : Once the phone starts to get updates I will update my review accordingly. Just to let you guys know that my phone is locked to Three Network & I got it as an upgrade. Thanks

Update 14 August 2014:

Received a system software update ( 54.91 MB ) last night with the following enhancements

- Power Optimization

After installing the update I charged the phone fully overnight and been using it all day today. The first thing I noticed was the improvement in the battery life department. It has definitely improved a bit and the overall screen on time has increased too. Secondly the screen is auto adjusting the brightness once you turn the screen on (without even enabling the auto brightness option). I keep my brightness at 70% at all times and it does dim a little itself once you turn the screen on. It's not annoying but I can see LG is definitely trying to save more on the battery life. I wasn't unhappy with the battery life before but more screen on time is good news I guess for all us G3 owners out there. The lag in the app drawer has reduced as well but not completely gone yet. So performance rating will remain at 4/5 till LG improves it further. Apparently there is another update in the makings which the sim free version has already received. I will update my review further once I get more updates. Thanks
3333 comments|241 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 August 2014
Smartphones are most often down to personal preference according to needs and requirements ....... I frequently change in pursuit of the perfect device (which I haven't found :)) so feel well placed to draw a reasonable comparison. I have previously used iPhone 5S, Galaxy S4 & 5, Lumia 925 and 930. Im not a fanboy of any particular brand or OS and this is the first piece of hardware of any description made by LG that I have owned.

Right now for me the G3 ticks all the boxes for my use. The screen is immense both in resolution and size..... almost no bezel wasted space either side and the display is pin sharp and crystal clear.

I am a heavy email user and I find that the stock email app works perfectly with no need to download 3rd party apps. Likewise the stock Calendar app is perfect for my use. I love the LG keyboard, which can be adjusted in height and layout. The 'swipe' typing is as good as swiftkey (IMHO).

Despite being plastic the device has a quality feel about it, I don't have large hands and I can easily hold this in one hand but it does realistically need 2 handed operation.

For me one of the big plus points are the rear mounted buttons ..... a great idea and quite easy to get used to. The stock LG underlying software seems to be well thought out and mostly adds benefit to the base OS.

Camera is great ..... rivals the iPhone (for my use) .... I have just returned from a holiday and was very pleased with what I took.

The only minor negative is that due to work I have an enforced PIN lock from exchange (this applies whatever handset I use) with the G3 I cannot adjust the volume or move to silent without unlocking. A minor point that I can live with.

An all-round great handset and good value
on 22 August 2014
Honestly when I purchased this phone (Amazon Verified) I was unsure of what to expect. But I am so glad I have this phone, the main good points for me is:

- Such intelligent use of screen size - very little bezel. What this means is I have a nice large screen without it feeling too big in the hand or pocket. One downside I found is that there are no buttons on the front of the phone, they are incorporated into the display. But you get use to it after a while

- Despite the Display, the battery life beats any phone I have owned so far.

- Camera is good quality as well.

I have owned HTC Desire (Years back), Samsung Galaxy S3, Iphone 5 and now the LG G3. Of all phones, I'm most impressed with the LG phone.
on 19 May 2015
I have had this phone for nearly a week now. I had previously swapped back to an iPhone from a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and hated it and then gone back to the Note 2. As the Note 2 started to play up I had a good look around and read numerous reviews that essentially said that if you dont need the stylus of the Note 4 (i hardly used the stylus of the note 2) the LG G3 is the one for you, so I have taken the plunge and I am certainly not disappointed and especially at the price.
Screen clarity is exceptional, I like the fact that it has the same size screen as the Note 2 but overall is a smaller phone. The UI is far better in my opinion than the Galaxy. Battery life I find phenomenal having come from the Note 2 that required a full charge by lunch time, the G3 gets me through the day, on average I unplug the phone at 5:30am and plug it back in at 10pm, when i plug back in i have about 15% left so i reckon pretty good.
Bluetooth connectivity seems better, with the Note 2 I was forever having to manually connect to the car so far this has connected automatically every time.
I like the buttons on the back, i was forever (even after a couple of Years) hitting the on/off button on the Note 2 but on the back is very comfortable. Camera is extremely good and noticably better than the Galaxy and iPhone.
I would strongly recommend it to anyone looking for this size of phone.

Overall extremely happy for the chnage to the extent that I am now ordering one for my wife
on 7 December 2014
I guess I'm used to LG phones having had a Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 before this. The Nexus 5 did everything I wanted really but the battery life was poor, usually no more than 2 hrs screen time with everything running the way you want it to. I first bought an Xperia Z2 owing to the reported battery performance, and indeed it was great, nearly 4.5 hrs screen time under similar conditions. It was however buggy, in 4 days it crashed twice completely on me, despite having done a repair stock flash, and wouldn't unlock properly. It was also odd in the hand, heavy, slab sided and too long. I sent it back. I'd ruled the G3 out on reported battery performance but when the price dropped through the floor, well, I guess I'm tight! It's a really nice phone, looks far better and more premium than any of the photos show. Yes it's not stock android but the additions are mainly very cool or useful, and anything you don't like can be changed/ignored. Once set the way I like it it's performing very well, and despite the QHD screen I'm getting 3.5 to 4 hrs screen time which is enough. Overall I think I'm happy with this one.
on 2 July 2015
Seller - 0/5
This phone was advertised as UK phone, however after checking the IMEI number with LG themselves the have confirmed I was sent a South East Asian version of the phone. At the time I bought the phone it would not connect to 4G networks because of this and was often restarting itself. I messaged seller requesting a return however this was denied. I therefore messaged Amazon also, as the sale was backed by their 'A - Z guarantee' however they said I wasn't able to return the phone, despite it being not as described. I will now be going to Trading Standards as this phone was sold not as described which violates the Sales of Goods act. The seller all the while has been almost completely unresponsive and keeps saying they are only responsible for Manufacturer repairs for one year, which is completely irrelevant. I am disappointed with both the seller and Amazon in this case.

Phone - 4/5

I really do like the phone, especially the 4K screen which is bright and vivid. The performance is brilliant running very demanding apps with ease. I love the camera also, which takes stunning pictures and is capable of 4K video. The little features of this phone are what I like most about this phone, such as the IR blaster, the QI charging capability and the buttons being on the back.

Whilst the phone has had a few problems, most have been solved with updates. I also had to buy a new battery as the previous one stopped holding charge, however LG sent this out to me free of charge so I cannot complain there.

Overall, I would recommend you to avoid the seller 'GoodDeal4U' as I doubt they've ever heard of the term customer service, I am also disappointed with Amazon's response, but I really like the phone which is capable and fun to own.
on 29 July 2014
I write this going from my beloved LG G2. I umm'd and arrr'd for a long time when LG announced the G3. Would it be worth it? YES!!!
I thought the size difference would be quite noticeable but it isn't. Don't get me wrong, it is a big phone but quite surprisingly it is so easy to hold and doesn't seem overly large like the Galaxy Note range. The camera is very good. It focuses extremely quickly courtesy of the laser focus and has just three extra modes such as panorama, dual focus and magic focus. The latter I have had a little trouble with but that is probably user error. The speed of the phone in general is very fast. I must admit though that I didn't notice too much difference between my G2. The most welcome addition is a slot for expandable memory as I had to juggle things about on my G2. I would quickly run out of space with the number of pictures and music I had. The rear buttons have been modified slightly and look a whole lot better. Knock code is a great feature and is so much better than having to input a code or pattern. The added LG Health is quite good and automatically tracks your steps and distinguishes between walking and running. You can also start tracking on it like Map My Run/Cycle etc and it will follow your route via map and distance. It also has wireless charging which is handy. I was tempted to get a third party charger but I think I'll wait for the official LG charger to be released. Overall I am extremely happy with my LG G3. One very, very minor niggle is that the handset does get a little warm when in constant use and using GPS. Saying that I did own the HTC One and it gets nowhere near as hot as that!
on 14 March 2016
I've had this phone for 1 year now, which I got on contract. Can honestly say it's on par with the Samsung s6 , if not better due to the screen size. Also the display is probably the best I've seen. I remember noticing how much better it was than the s4, and that was a good phone... Never had problems with lag. The curved back and thin bezells make the phone still fit in one hand somehow, as if it's something from Harry Potter or Doctor who. I can't stress enough. £185 .. Wow.
on 3 January 2015
This device was the perfect upgrade for me from a Samsung galaxy note 2 LG is not well known for their phones but this one really does blow others out of the water. being a person who always likes to have the majority of the latest technology this phone was a must for me as it features a high resolution 4X HD display (also mildly known as 2k not 4k) The screen is extremely sharp with people making comments about how clear it looks compared to their screens, the battery life seems to be reasonable to what life i would get from the note 2. on average i would go the whole day without a charge on moderate use on the highest brightness setting.

The device itself is very slim and fits in the hand nicely, it looks stylish and there is hardly any bezel around the left and right of the screen. The back cover easily attracts fingerprints and seems like it would attract scratches easily too however I do not know for certain as I have purchased a case for it.

The camera features a laser which makes snapping photos extremely fast compared to the majority of other smartphones, you simply load the camera app and tap the screen to take a picture. The camera is 13MP which is good compared to most smartphones. The camera can record in 4k quality which i found to be outstanding. I personally recorded a few songs in a concert and playing them back they were really clear, both the video and the sound. The microphone adjusts to ensure that the sound that is going in will not become distorted which i found could be a problem on other devices especially when in a concert. The camera works well in low light conditions although the quality will become slightly deteriorated which wasnt a problem for me. With the front facing cameras i was able to take photos which are of high quality and above what i would expect from it. The camera also has a beauty feature to make your skin appear smoother without editing. Photos can be edited after they have been taken and it is extremely easy to edit them, you can also make a collage with several photos to share on facebook or twitter in one photo which is a really cool feature to have and would get use.

The phone performs reasonably well although I have found at times that it will slow down, this is due to many apps running at the same time, this may also affect battery life. It is easily solved by pressing clear all applications in the multitasking window.

The speaker on the phone is average despite them saying that it is a 1 watt speaker, there is nothing which stands out here. The htc one features better speakers.

I found that the touch screen was slightly less sensitive than my galaxy note and was quite a problem at first as it was not registering my presses on the space bar, however after a few days i did get used to it and only occasionally mess up when typing.

Overall I would recommend this phone to anyone who is looking to upgrade or get a new phone, I was extremely happy with my purchase and I bet you would be too!

Any questions feel free to comment on this review and ill reply asap.