The LG L7 II is a great little handset, it's a good size in the hand, easy to use and has a couple of unique features over other Android handsets.

The addition of a shortcut button is a great idea, it lets you assign an action to the button for quick access to your most used functions. By default it opens the quick memo feature, but you can change it to things like the camera, music player or calculator, a really useful feature.

The handset also has a Qslide function which allows you to have a video running in the background while you do other tasks, it's much easier to explain by showing so check out the review video for a demo of this feature. Not sure how useful this will be on a day to day basis, but it's good to see something a little different.

The handset is lightweight and easy to hold in one hand. The buttons are well positioned so you won't press the wrong one by mistake. It's a nippy handset, the menus flow around smoothly, the only minor annoyance I had during setup was that the weather clock didn't auto detect my location, something I thought was fairly standard these days.

Camera is good, 8 mega pixels and has a nice voice activated feature. When activated you shout 'Cheese!' (or one of the other commands available) and the phone takes a photo, a brilliant idea and one you'll appreciate if on other mobiles you've ever tried to take a self photo and been unable to press the screen shutter button.

Overall a great handset only really let down by a cheap feeling, it's got a very plastic feel to it. If you think this might be an issue I'd recommend checking on out in a store, but otherwise I wouldn't let this put you offer, its a great Android phone with some good features not normally found on similarly priced handsets.
on 12 October 2013
Very classic looking I bought this for my 12 yr old she loves it Its very fast loading Internet really easy to use
definitely would recommended this smart phone I would consider buying this phone again when my Samsung is up for renewal.
I bought this phone for my wife as an upgrade from her HTC Desire HD...and boy what a dfference...I own the fabulous LG G2 so setting this phone up was a doddle...but it's easy anyway for those that might be new to the interface.

Before I carry on with this review..I had read many reviews by so called experts and for me they have got this phone totally wrong..It's fast..smooth..slick to use..and the screen is great....not 1080p great...but great for what this phone cost,which I paid less for from here...It was Amazon but their Jersey stockists.

I was surprised when opening seeing the box it came in beng so small ...well a lot smaller then my LG G2 one..yet it was all there...Charger...earphones...battery...and usb cable...and of course the phone itself..There's a quick start guide although this was a bit of a joke as it goes straight to telling you how to charge the phone and turning it on....NOT how to install the battey first..lol..you do this by placing your finger nail just inside the usb inlet and gently lifting and the back of the phone comes off quite easily..Insert your sim and your micro sd card (32gb max) and the battery and your away...mine came charged at 58%...I didn't personally charge it fully to begin with as I wanted to get it set up as soon as possible...this took several hours because Google was retrieving all the info and the apps that were pre installed on the HTC had to download too..this took 3 hours in all but in the mean time I was setting the phone up...It took everything in its stride and never froze once..I was really surprised just how quick this phone was ...not only in opening and closing apps..but the internet too was very quick..I was very impressed...mainly because I am used to my G2 and that's no slouch...Things went even more smoothly because of the NFC capability..transferring info from my phone to my wifes was easy and quick..Again i was surpsrised to see just how many features this phone had.

I won't go into the features to much as there are more then enough reviews out there and spec sheets telling you all this info...but just to say..it has quite a few.....Is it perfect...NO..of course it's not...we quickly found that when holding the phone you tend to catch the power button easily or the quick start button on the opposite side...there's also the lack of an Auto brightness...but personally I didn't miss it but some might...Picures taken with this phone will not wow you..but it does a great job in daylight but will suffer in bulb (low light)...video recordings are quite good also, and will suit most peoples needs...but at this price it's good anyway

All in all...if your looking for a smartphone that will not break your bank..looks reasonable...is speedy and smooth and slick then this is for you..........I will point out something about the name of this phone...it's actualy the LG P710...there seems to be a lot of confusing sites getting it mixed up...and it's also called the LG Optimus L7ll...but make sure it has the ll after the number or you'll end up buying the lesser model...Cheers.
on 7 April 2014
+ Good battery life; Stable performance (no weird bugs in the software as you can sometimes expect on androids)
- Slow, sometimes might get unresponsive/laggy even with simple apps like Maps/Galery/Facebook/Skype etc
I used it as a secondary phone for travels - always did the job. However, I would not recommend it a primary phone.
on 1 May 2015
Great Phone for the price. Fast, reliable and great camera.