Recently brought this 2.1 LG home theatre sound system to go with my LG 42" 100Hz 1080p LCD (which we were very impressed with also).
Having previously owned 5.1 DVD surround sound systems I was looking for a good value blu-ray system that didn't require loads of cabling but just sounds great and simply works. The LG fits this requirement perfectly.
Amongst the standard benefit of the 2.1 surround sound and sub combined with blu-ray, my specific likes of the system are;
1. iPod tray that hides away ery neatly when not in use, and on-screen control through the remote
2. You-Tube access (via external broadband router, which also allows for BD live)
3. Nightime button - One button on the remote to reduce bass and dim down player front panel
4. Simplink - (when used with LG TV) - allows features such as when the TV turns off it turns the sound system off automatically
5. Front controls are touch sensitive lights (rather than physcial buttons)
Dislikes - the disc tray seems quite flimsy when the tray is open, but I doubt its much worse than others but probably needs to be kept out of small peoples reach. Also blu-rays can be a tad slow to load (slower than DVD), however I haven't used another blu-ray system so can't compare (I'm told that this is standard for blu-ray due to the shear amount of data being processed)
Generally (as you can tell) I think this is a great system for the money, I am sure that home theatre anoraks and people who want a full 5.1 or 7.1 surround system could find faults with it, but as a system that just works and requires minimal wiring or technical knowledge to install and use it is ideal.