Ordered this set with high hopes for the 3D. However, first set had horrible crosstalk (where you can see the ghostly outline of an image), i returned if after being told by LG this shouldnt be a problem, and the replacement set had the same. Both had exactly the same problems, which I've outlined below ...
- crosstalk on the 3D, making some things quite unwatchable and blurry
- problems with the glasses syncing for 3d - go out of sync and get flashes of colour
- dark 3D viewing - the plasma in combination with the glasses is too dark, especially dark scenes which could not be viewed with comfort
- 'dirty screen' syndrome - when watching football, for example, there are splodgy patches of shade that look like dusty screen when the screen scrolls from one end of the pitch to the other - it appears that uneven distribution of colour (possibly application of black filter?) are to blame
- the screen is horribly reflective in daylight
- black levels are pretty average.
- a fiar bit of line bleed
- it's massively heavy!
on the plus sides, the 2d picture is reasonable with a good HD source, and the aestetics of the set are nice.
In the end, after being extremely disappointed I replaced with a Samsung UE55C8000 which was only £100 more. It's LED and the picture is a lot more vibrant, in my experience more pop out and way brighter in 3d with less crosstalk. Take your pick, or wait for the next generation in 2011, but plenty of other people are having the same problems on the px990 thread on AV forums. Trust me, if you are after a good 3d experience don't go for this set....
Oh, and one final mention, amazon return service is shocking!! Endless calls to a foreign call centre, and they are still yet to refund me for the TV which was collected from me 16/12 (now 10/1!). Terrible. I'll never use Amazon for a large item again, games and blu rays only i think ....