Format: Paperback|Change

on 15 November 2000
This is not an easy book for a 21st century woman to read and natural instinct wanted me to yell out 'no' at times. But how wonderful to read a book that is completely honest about what a Christian woman ought to be like. It is not easy to be a godly woman but thank goodness that his book is here to point me in the right direction!
on 7 May 1999
I found this book to be extremely inspiring. Not only did I come away with a new longing to be the woman that God has created me to be, but I came away with ideas and vision as to how to carry that out. I would really reccomend this book to any and all women who desire to be fulfill the role that God has placed them in!
on 6 January 1999
In an age when women, especially women in the church, search, flounder, and grow frustrated with discovering who God created us to be, the role He is requiring of us, and how we are to relate to men, especially our spouses, this book gives direction in a manner neither oppressive nor offensive. Elisabeth Elliot, through loving letters to her daughter, allows us the opportunity to find the heart of our Creator in a way that inspires and plants desire within us. I came away from reading this book with a fresh longing to be all - nothing less and nothing more - than my God designed me to be. I encourage every Christian woman, whether 12 or 99 years of age, to read this book and allow Elisabeth Elliot's knowledge of the Word to shape who you are in Christ.
on 24 March 1999
This book was incredibly refreshing in an age where the role of women has become so twisted until it is almost unrecognizable. Elisabeth Elliot gives terrific advice for how following God's design in our lives will lead to happier lives whether single or married. If you are at all confused as to how to respond in today's world where the ultimate goal of most women seems to be to achieve manhood, then I highly recommend this book.
on 2 March 2009
The book is a comprehensive analysis of the differences between a man and a woman that are responsible for the way they handle life issues.The main theme is for women to be contented with the way God has created them, fulfil their God given roles, maximise their feminity and stop competing with men in being men.
on 12 September 2009
So many young woman today want an older female figure to look up to for guidance through life's trials and tribulations, yet so many woman do not have this blessing for one reason or another. If this is true of your situation, then this book is for you if you are wondering what it means to live by God's standards asa woman. I find this book particularly interesting as it goes back to the source of all things to see what we as women should be like. Indeed Elliot does indeed say that " in order to learn what it means to be a woman, we must start with the One who made her."
Elisabeth Elliot is a well known and respected chirstian author in the world of liturature and this book she has written ahs been no disappointment. In this bookn she decribes our role as woman as christians by focusing on what the "One who made her" has to say what our duties and roles as woman are.
Although this book is written specifically for her daughter as a marriage present, we, as woman of the twenty-first century can also benefit from Elliot's words of experience and wisdom which is heavily supported by words of scripture from the Bible. i reccommend this book to any young woman seeking to find God's will for themsleves in relationships, family, the home, church and work. It has deeply inspired me and reminded me of the grace of our mericful Lord.
on 24 May 2016
I really love this book - so much I have a stack of them at home to give to brides-to-be! It's packed with bible-based principles and life experience wisdom that will aid you in this wonderful new season (marriage!). Could not recommend more!
on 23 June 2015
This book has been a true Blessing to me. In this day and age, being a Christian Woman has its challenges. The author uses original Christian principles to remind us of our roles and gifts as Women. I've had so much peace reading this book.
on 21 January 2016
A beautifully written and insightful book talking honestly about being a woman of God, specifically in the marriage context. It took a lot of humility to read this as a 21st century woman, but doing so was rewarding!
on 18 March 2016
A delightful read. I'd recommend it to anyone embarking on marriage ... I am so glad I stumbled upon it. It's for "all times" + in my eyes not old fashioned at all.