on 16 February 2014
The two black death star troopers are fantastic, I have the lego Death Star 10188 set and these fit really well with that. The two red imperial guard are almost exactly the same as those found in the 10188 set (these new ones have a two tone cloak with a darker red side and have darker red arms compared to the 10188 set) but its no harm having a couple more (and this is certainly a cheaper way to get them!)

The cannon is good, might have been nice to have a rotating section on the bottom so you could traverse it but other than that it's fine (and you can juryrig a rotating section if you really want), quite detailed too for such a small build.

I must admit, as someone who collects star wars minifigs mainly so I can photograph them, I'm not a big fan of the new style 'firing' blasters. They don't look like anything from the movies! But then who doesn't have a huge collection of the 'realistic' type blasters by now? Kids who buy this set for play purposes will get a lot of fun out of them I suspect - they really do fire very well!

The Imperial guard 'force pikes' are a bit rubbish, just a grey stick in a black lightsaber handle. But then the ones in the 10188 set are just black standard spears so they're no worse than that.

Price is decent (considering you have to pay the star wars premium), I've seen the set for £10 and £2.50 a minifig - let's face it I only really want the minfigs! - isn't too bad.
on 29 May 2014
Unsure if it's the same Star Wars era, but it has been placed with the huge Malevolence he got from his Nana for his birthday. Excellent little addition to 10yr old son's collection of mini figures too.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 14 December 2015
Perfect gift and was loved by my son who built it straight away.

I would like to add that it was packed in one of Amazons flat packs and was very badly squashed but it didn't effect the product and Amazon gave me a discount
on 7 January 2014
Great battle pack set for fans of original Star Wars motion pictures. Features the all black Death Star troopers with the fully enclosed helmet, a new design from lego that is authentic to the design in the original film. These are shown in the film operating the 'death ray' that destroys the planet Alderan. Our troopers have taken up residence in our fully operational 'Death Star', as the original troopers that come with the Death Star were issued with black motorcycle helmets instead. Also comes with two 'red' imperial guards, the personal guard of the evil emperor, which have not been available from lego for a while. As they are meant to be fallen Jedi, these come with light sabers, although the blades are plain grey sticks, which are a little disappointing. The build is a Death Star gun placement which is quite a nice little model, similar to the ones in the lego Death Star. Good for building your numbers in your imperial army. Alternatively, A good starter pack for a young builder or a good add on for the Death Star, (if you are lucky enough to own one!)
on 29 June 2014
A great value gift for any child (big or small) quick delivery and just the toy I wanted for my grandson
on 1 February 2014
I’m just LOVING the 2014 “Star Wars” battle-packs!! I first bought the “Utapau Troopers”, then the “Kashyyyk Troopers” and now this set..and ALL were/are ..MAGNIFICIENT!
This set contains two royal guards, two death star gunners and one small Death Star laser cannon.
The minifigs are simply..FANTASTIC!! The Royal guards are red in color. Their arms are a different shade of red ( a deeper red). There’s not much printing on their torso (and No printing on their legs). Little printing on the back of torso. But their headpiece is AWESOME!! They have a cape, which is actually two colored. The inside of the cape is a deeper red (which matches the color of their arms) and the outside of the cape is brighter red , which matches the color of the rest of their body. So it looks very cool! The royal guards each carry a force-pike which is another assembled weapon from LEGO. (I generally hate the assembled weapons from LEGO , as I feel they should make weapons from a single mold. But the ones in this set are OK).
The Death Star gunners are black in color. There’s nice printing on their torsos and legs. (The printings are mostly just plain lines but they look pretty decent). The headpieces are pretty good. Surprisingly, each gunner has a different face! Each of them carry the NEW LEGO blaster! This year , it’s the first time LEGO has introduced such blasters! And guess what? THEY REALLY FIRE! YES! There’s a very simple and awesome mechanism in this blaster, where you can fire a stud. And it travels a pretty decent speed! Though it’s a play feature for kids, adults are also going to equally enjoy it!! Just put a blaster in one minifig, put another one in front of it , shoot the blaster ..and BLAM! The other minifg is down. Just do it! Then you’ll see why I’m ecstatic about it!  I believe this Blaster is one of the BEST creative ideas from LEGO since a long time. I really hope they come up with many more ideas like this!
One minor complaint that I have about LEGO minifigs, in general, is that they NEVER have any printing on the sides of the Torso or the sides of the legs. It looks weird. Wish LEGO would rectify it in the future.
Coming to the Death Star Laser Cannon. It looks pretty ok. There’s a chair fitted next to the cannon that swivels but sadly there’s no control panel attached to the chair. Sometimes I’ve seen LEGO attach a control panel to the seats of cannons but I don’t know why LEGO didn’t do it in this cannon. Anyway, it’s ok. I Still like this cannon. It contains a flick missile (Hate them). You actually push a knob to fire this missile but sadly it doesn’t have much range. Even if you push the knob hard, the missile doesn’t move far! But I like the build (cannon) in this set more than the builds you get in the “Utapau Troopers” and “Kashyyyk Troopers” sets.
In the end I would just say that this set is VERY good..just for the minifgs.And the cannon is nice too. So whether you are “Star Wars” fan or just a LEGO fan, you have to have this.
on 3 January 2015
If it was up to me it would get 1 star because all the little pieces drive me mad and I'm the one who's always picking them up, lol. But my little boy absolutely loves these star troopers. they fit in his pocket and come everywhere with us
on 24 August 2014
This was given as a gift and has been greatly enjoyed both in construction and the battles it has partaken of since. Wonderful stuff that can be redesigned as desired.
on 22 December 2014
Our youngest son is a real Lego star wars fan, he loves this set and Amazon were 25% cheaper. You couldn't ask for more. Great value at £8.99
on 9 January 2015
Bought this for my Grandsons birthday and he loved it .......... soon put together with Dad's help and played with it for hours.