- Platform: Nintendo DS
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 (Nintendo DS)
|Price:||£12.96 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 transports players to iconic environments from the Harry Potter books and films and introduces a fun, new way of experiencing the magic of Harry Potter through hilarious cutscenes and new to LEGO gameplay elements such as magical building and spell-casting.
- Experience the wonder of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry: attend lessons,interact with the professors, mix potions, fly on broomsticks and complete tasks to collect LEGO studs.
- Players have the freedom to select from over 100 playable characters including Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger, as well as many other fan favourites.
- Explore iconic settings from the wizarding world including Diagon Alley, the Forbidden Forest, the village of Hogsmeade and, of course, Hogwarts castle. LEGO Hogwarts is a grand, immersive 3D environment and the largest, most detailed LEGO game location ever built for everyone to explore and enjoy.
- LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 is family friendly gaming at its best. Conjure up fun with a friend and play through Harry’s first four years at Hogwarts as a team with easy drop-in/dropout co-op play, online co-op is also available for PlayStation3 and Xbox 360 gamers.
- Nintendo DS gaming features stylus based movement and spell-casting, as well as two-player ad hoc co-op.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Platform: Nintendo DS | Edition: Standard Edition
LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 combines two of the most beloved franchises to deliver a magical, fun-filled adventure. Based on Harry’s first four books and films - Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire- fans can experience Harry’s first four years at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in a new an exciting way. Players will build the adventure from Privet Drive to the Triwizard Tournament in an interactive journey that takes them through some of the most detailed and expansive environments ever created for a LEGO game. Featuring potion-making, spellcasting, puzzle-solving, and more, players of all ages can relive the adventures like never before with the humour and creative customisation that is unique to LEGO videogames.
As if Harry Potter's adventures weren't magical enough now you can experience his first four years at Hogwarts through the medium of Lego. Similar to the popular Lego Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Batman games you can now control Harry and dozens of other famous characters.
The Grand Staircase makes its debut in Lego form
|Hagrid and Harry explore the Lego version of Diagon Alley|
|Hermione uses ear plugs to handle a Lego mandrake|
|Control dozens of different characters, including Ron|
Each character has their own specialities and abilities, from broomstick riding to a wide range of magic. The most important spell though, which nearly every character can cast, is Wingardium Leviosa which allows you to magically move Lego bricks and build them up into different objects like a wall or a set of stairs.
You'll learn new spells and abilities as you go, mirroring Harry's rise from muggle to master wizard, but the game's a lot less about fighting than the earlier Lego games. Instead the focus is much more on exploration and puzzle-solving, with Hogwarts and the other levels filled with an almost endless supply of secrets to uncover and mysteries to solve.Key Features
- Half term: Relieve all the adventures of the first four Harry Potter books: Philosopher's Stone, Chamber of Secrets, Prisoner of Azkaban and Goblet of Fire.
- Who's who: Take control of over 140 Lego-style characters from obvious picks like Harry and Ron to more obscure choices like Hagrid's dog Fang.
- Magic school: Learn new spells as you go and mix potions to help solve puzzles - but be careful not to get the ingredients wrong or you might be turned into a frog or worse.
- Brick master: For the first time you can move individual Lego bricks around and build your own creations using the Wingardium Leviosa spell.
- Team building: Team-up with a friend and play the whole game together, switching characters whenever you want and even playing online on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
This English developer has been around since 1990, often working on movie tie-ins and sequels to already established series. Their biggest critical and commercial success has come from the Lego series of toy and film tie-ins, including Lego Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Batman and Harry Potter.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
This is important there is no two-player co-op mode for us to enjoy on the DS version of this game like we could on Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga. Both the two main uk websites state in there write up about this game on the ds that there is a co-op mode.
This Lego Harry Potter game only covers years 1-4 and that means we should have another Lego Harry Potter game at some point that covers the years 5-7. This is a must have game for all Harry Potter fans and I can't wait for the next one.
The game play is intuitive and can be played in story mode and free play. There is a fun way using the DS stylus to cast spells and mix potions. Each year you complete you learn more and more spells and these are then used in free play to unlock hidden areas. There is the standard format of collecting studs and wizard hats (the new canisters), red bricks and this time trading cards to unlock characters who can then be bought. There are of course the classic lego clips which are funny in a way that only lego can manage.
The only down side to this game is that there are no mini games. Also you need to use the stylus to make the characters jump which can be a little frustrating if you are used to using the A and B keys. For this reason the game loses a star.
In summary this is a great game for the DS and I will be on the look out for lego harry potter years 5 - 7 and I will be pre-ordering it.
As usual you start as Harry but have the option to rotate to others in your group. You also have the ability to us your wand and spells to interact with your surroundings much in the same way as the Jedi's Force or Indy's whip. You also have the True Wizard level, ability to customise characters and unlock other characters as you progress.
There are a couple of new elements to this though which adapt it to the Harry Potter world:
Firstly, they have changed the interaction element - whereas the jedi's force or Indy's whip would automatically perform the correct action, in this game you need to use the stylus to perform the correct spell. This is a neat little invention at first but can become slightly irritating when the DS keeps mis-reading your stylus action.
Secondly, you come across lots of other characters who have little or nothing to do with the game. Whereas in Indy or Batman almost all the characters you meet are enemies or friends, here they are just other characters. Obviously with it being set in a school this is a nice touch but my one issue with it is that even when Harry is in class these characters are just called "boy" or "girl" which makes it slightly less enjoyable - it would have been nice if they could have chosen names familiar from the book or just made some up.
Thirdly they have introduced a new "pet sense" which allows the played to see when there is something hidden in the local proximity.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Bit disappointed with no case but as long as it plays who needs a casePublished 2 months ago by kaz taylor
Great game and works perfectly on my Nintendo DS. A great game and music. Im 28 and still a crazy Harry Potter fan. Might let the kids play one day ;) game arrived on time.Published 2 months ago by Mrs K Rodgers