on 23 December 2014
A very long saga over several generations. It was intriguing and certainly improved my Spanish - which was my motive for reading it. On the whole I enjoyed the sub-plots and many of the characters but I wasn't really convinced by the central theme of the 'pact with the devil' idea (or rather, pact with Mr Welldone). I assume it was supposed to be a saga of free will v. destiny but I usually find this idea is far better played out in the lives of ordinary characters. These weird recluses living in castles with super-human powers are just too much woo-woo for me, and mixing such fantasy with real characters in the Nazi party seems to trivialise the true awfulness of that period in history.
on 5 January 2014
The plot grips you from beginning to end. Truth or fiction? this is not too important. The novel is excellently built. I really recommend it. Try to get a chapter online, and then, surely, you will want to go on until you finish it.
on 17 September 2014
Fácil de leer, una vez que empiezas a leerlo no lo puedes dejar. Emocionante trama.