- Visit our Cookware Store for great brands at top prices.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
Lékué 1000 ml Rice and Grain Cooker, Green
|Price:||£17.98 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
|You Save:||£7.01 (28%)|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- No need to boil water first
- Made of platinum silicone and PBT plastic
- Cutting-edge design
- Capacity: 1000 ml
- Microwave and dishwasher-safe
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Lekue rice and grain cooker cooks fluffy rice and cereals of any kind within minutes in the microwave, in the easiest and cleanest way. Its attractive design will allow you to serve directly to the table. Cook up to 4 servings in 12 minutes in the microwave. Part of the native microwave collection. The foam don't come out and the microwave stays clean. No need to boil water first. Made of 100 percent platinum silicone and PBT plastic. Designed after scientific research on the rice best cooking way, made in collaboration with the alicia foundation.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
(1) The manual gives exact ratios of water/rice/cooking time for various types of rice, based on an 800W microwave and generic rice types (bomba, basmati, etc) and grains (quinoa, wheat, bulgur etc). However, these should be seen as guidelines, and you will almost certainly need to juggle the times and quantities a bit according to the type of rice you are using and the power of your microwave. Don't take these ratios as gospel.
As a basic rule of thumb, whatever rice you are using, you need to check that you are using 1 measure of rice to 2 measures of water, or cover the grains with one inch of water. Grains like wheat may need 1 measure of grain to 3 or 4 measures of water. The cooking time will vary, shorter for white rice, basmati rice or any other rice which cooks fairly quickly on the hob (around 10 - 12 minutes) and a little longer for rice which needs more time on the hob, such as bomba, paella or risotto rice.
(2) Check half-way through the cooking time and stir if necessary, add water if it is boiling dry.
(3) Although this Lékué cooker is good, it's neither cheap nor unique -- at around £22, it's twice the price of some microwave steamers, and up to five times the price of the cheapest ones. Search for "microwave rice cooker" to get an idea. The Kitchen Craft Rice Steamer is currently around £7, a third of the price Kitchen Craft Microwave 1.5L Rice Cooker and works very reliably.
Having said that, the Lékué product is trendy and well-made, simple to use, and could (if you're not too snobbish) go straight from the microwave to your table without raising eyebrows.
Some things to consider though.
Rinse the rice before cooking or you will get a very sticky rice.
Consult the charts and times and consider those as nothing more than general guidance.
I've had a good laugh at some of the people that have reviewed this product as they clearly have no common sense what so ever.
My microwave is a 900watt model. The guidelines are based on an 800watt microwave.
So I added slightly more water and ran for 1 min less. Worked almost perfectly. But I forgot to rinse the rice so it was a bit sticky.
So you need to keep an eye on the results and I suggest stopping the microwave and carefully inspecting at least 3 mins before the microwave finishes. To see how it is progressing. You will need to experiment with common sense how long it takes and how much water you need to use for a given rice type. Then you will have your perfect setting. Also, depends on how you like your rice. I like it slightly over cooked.
If you think you can just look at a chart, measure and switch on, you might be very disappointed. As some have found.
The dish however stains easily but that's a minor issue, very happy with purchase.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Nice product for easy and healthy cooking, recommended.Published 1 month ago by Javier Rodríguez Sánchez
Cooks rice to perfection, saves having to stand at the cooker watching the water boilPublished 5 months ago by dianne hawley
Very good and even fits in my whirlpool max which is always a problem!Published 12 months ago by mrs c v paxton