Format: Paperback|Change

on 3 May 2008
So I liked the cover, and at a very reasonable price I thought 'why not'.

Arrived a few days later, and I was amazed...clear instructions for every single project, with details of stitch used and excellent diagrams, would I am sure please a beginner as much as a more proficient crafter.

I immediately put one of the projects to good use and it worked up pretty quick!

The designs are varied and modern, and the techniques used allow you to then go on and design your own...very good all round!
11 comment| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 February 2009
This is a beautiful book full of ideas that will inspire both the new emroiderer and the old hand. The pieces look complicated but are deceptively simple and the instructions are easy to understand.

Clear photographs and simple diagrams make this a book I will refer to quite a bit in the coming months.

If you are buying for a crafter, no matter how experienced they are, they will love to have this on their coffee table and will no doubt be caught flicking through it quite a bit.
on 3 September 2012
If you really want to try lots of embroidery techniques and have no idea how, this would be a great book for you.

The cover inspired me and so I brought the book thinking it'd be full of lots of lovely ideas and projects as I really like books with lots of interesting pictures. The cover project is probably the nicest to look at, the others are a bit boring. Although I really like the cross stitch ideas...quite on trend even now!

The first 3rd of the book is pictures of items you can make and the rest is very detail diagrams, techniques and tool and materiel lists. I'll defiantly keep this book, if I ever really decide to get into embroidery properly it'll be a great reference.
on 28 November 2011
Gift for my sister who has just taken up embroidery. Lovely book to browse through for me and hope my sister will find it helpful and enjoyable. Lots of diagrams and guidance and very inspirational - might get one for myself also and learn embroidery too!
on 22 March 2010
Having been an Embroidery fanatic for a long time looking for inspiration, it was the cover of this book that attracted me. In fact the item on the cover is possibly the only thing I would make in the whole book. The title implies an insight into 'japanese' craft/embroidery but the projects I felt were pretty run of the mill not vaguely japanese???
on 13 October 2009
I haven't tried yet any of this projects, but I'm planning to do so as soon as possible. I think it's a good book for beginners, since it doesn't confuse you with lots of projects and the explanations are simple.I'm very happy of having bought it. GB Books has done ok too.
on 9 March 2010
I bought this book for my 11 year old daughter, she loves it and it has inspired her to learn more than just the cross stitch she knew.
on 12 July 2015
Really sweet motifs and clear instructions. I'm delighted with this book!
on 27 March 2015
Beautiful book extremely quick delivery
on 18 October 2015
Wonderful book, some lovely patterns