on 13 November 2002
If you've just started Kundalini yoga and want to find out more about it and what's behing it, read this book.
I started doing Kundalini Yoga about six month ago. I was interested
to find out more about it. When I came across this book, I thought its definitely worth reading. Once I started reading I was just drawn in completely.
The book is split uo into two sections, the things to know and things to do - this section covers mantra, meditation, exercises, breathing, taking care of yourself as a woman and delicious recipes. When reading this book I always find myself cross-referencing chapters, it really engrosses you.
on 20 September 1998
This book is a complete course in Kundalini Yoga. It covers breathing, chanting, the chakra system, plus a wealth of less frequently found information on diet, foot massage, communication, a chapter specific to women, and even some yogic recipes. I especially appreciated the strong focus on spirituality and the analogy of life as a movie. This is not a typical yoga book. It is much deeper and more thorough than any other I've read. The author's sincerity comes across clearly--as does her sense of humor. While reading, I felt as if I had a live yoga teacher right there with me. I will read this book many times.
on 29 November 1998
Shakti Parwha's book was the first I ever read on the subject. I had taken a few classes and didn't know much about it, her book explains things for beginners, making everything easy to understand and incorportate easily into one's lifestyle. Now a Kundalini yoga teacher myself, with many teacher's manuals and weighty books on the subject, I still refer back to this book for the clear way Shakti Parwha explains all the important aspects and to get another dose of her warmth and humor. And I now reccommend it to all my students!
on 18 May 1999
I've heard a lot about Kundalini Energy and some has been negative. I really liked this book and her whit. She explains the basis of the Yoga and her comments range from what type of tea to drink to a whole chapter on women. I enjoyed this book so much and I put tons of little pink highlighter marks in the book as gentle reminders. One affirmation she says is "I am a Goddess". Every woman should feel like one. I give this book the highest rating. It was a joy to read.
on 26 October 2008
Hello Everyone Sat Nam

This book is a real gem. Not only does it explain kundalini yoga in a simple precise way. It also brings to mind the clarity and understanding that kundalini could bring to us,through its various exercises and ancedotes. It has a full chapter dedicated to women and explains womens potential. This is not a feminist book, although in some chapters this book brings to mind the power of the women. Men could be put off by this but please know that we are equal and we are all one with god,source,creator,krishna etc.

There are many chapters in this book,but they are small in size, so they are easy to digest.

This book could be great help when used in conjunction with either "detox and detress" by maya fiennes or kundalini yoga by ana brett. I strongly reccomend this book with any of these DVDs.

Sat Nam
on 6 June 2009
But if you are ONLY interested in getting a book that goes through a lot of kriyas and meditations I do not think this is the book to buy. Then you should choose "Kundalini Yoga" by Shakta Kaur Khalsa instead.
"The Flow of Eternal Power" explains a lot about Kundalini Yoga and how to lead a yogic lifestyle and general guidelines in life.
The author was the first female to study with Yogi Bhajan and I enjoyed reading her stories about him.
The book is written in a very "light" style and with a good portion of humor.
This book together with the other book I mentioned above are the best ones I have come across about Kundalini-yoga and they complement each other very well. Enjoy!
on 30 September 2013
Recommended by my Yoga teacher as a good source of all the main information on Kundalini Yoga. So far I have found it to be full of useful insights. It is laid out in a way that it doesn't need to be read in continuation but each chapter can be dipped into when needed. The style and presentation maks it very easy to read.
on 5 October 2014
Since I live with YOGA my last 30 years in different way of practice, I easily can recommend this book for all new and all advanced practitioners as some kind of renewing 'old knowledge'. It is also simply written to understand. I have only problem why this YOGA names Kundalini, when all kind of Yoga works with Kundalini energy. And as a teacher, I never use sound of some new 'culture' (then the universal one AUM) if you have your own, native spiritual tradition. (it is better to use you traditional/native prays – if you have them). Beside this two moments just take this book and read. You will find a lot of important things useful for 'life practice'. But before asanas practice - find some good YOGA teacher not necessary for Kundalini yoga school and you will find book as very useful.
on 12 September 2013
I cannot recommend this book enough if you are setting out on the Kundalini Yoga path. Everything is explained in a way that ensures you get everything just right in such an easy and conversational way. The Author sounds lovely! I read this all the way through & now I dip in here and there when I need help but the strangest thing is that no matter how many times I dip back in, I always find something new to learn or something I didn't take in at first. A joy to read & I shall treasure this book.
on 14 March 2010
I bought this book after I started a kundalini yoga course. I loved kundalini yoga so much that i wanted to further my knowledge. This book offers everything and more, especially if you are new to kundalini. It explains everything in concise chapters and is not at all complicated. it alos has a seperate chapter for women which I loved reading. Yogi Bhajan was a special teacher and kundalini is proof of that!!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse