on 12 April 2013
I know this player is not a massive bass slamming ghetto blaster even though it is called a "Boombox" on the official Kruger & Matz website but I found the sound weak and then realized there were no bass /treble controls, not even a simple tone control to try and get a richer sound, I find it hard to believe there are no bass /treble controls given this is a £70 player and it boasts on the website that is has "six full-range speakers which emits high quality sounds" and there are even "HD Audio" stickers on the player, WEIRD, JUST WEIRD!

Another issue I had was the CD player lid, this has to be opened manually as there is no button to press which opens the lid and I found the lid quite stiff and awkward to lift and the lip that you put your finger under to lift the lid is shallow and not big enough to grip properly to the extent that trying to open the lid required such an effort that it actually lifted the whole player up off the table it was on, frankly, very poorly designed and just doesn't work well.
The on/off/mode selection switch feels very clunky and cheap and is awkwardly placed on the back of the player so if you can't remember the switch positions for which mode of play you want you have to pick up the player and turn it around to see, again it seems badly thought out.

My overall impression of this player is that it is a classic case of "Form over Function" when more time has been spent on the overall look of the player than how easy and practical it is to use, it certainly does look good, probably because the Germans designed it but I was quite disappointed with it after the first five minutes and I knew I would have to return it as I expected more for the money.

This player is small which I wanted but it may be smaller than some people expect, check the Kruger & Matz website to see a video for a better idea of actual size if this concerns you.
on 27 April 2012
I was looking for something better than the £25 jobs that seem to be everywhere as my cd player / radio had developed a problem with the sliding door. I noticed this and it piqued my interest.

By the time I had decided to buy it had disappeared from Amazon and tho I tried to contact the suppliers no reply was forthcoming so I gave up.

It became available after a month or two and I'm pleased I got it. It is smaller in real life than it seems in the picture. It has a clean sound and the volume is more than adequate for my bedroom. I'm considering buying another.