4.3 out of 5 stars1,452
Model Number: Kodak 30BXL|Change
Price:£10.46+ Free shipping

on 14 November 2011
The ink cartridge is easy to fit and does its basic job but it simply doesn't last very long, certainly less than the 335 pages claimed. I am used to printers and ink cartridges where quality is maintained until the last drop of ink but in the case of the Kodak cartridges when you get a low ink warning the quality of printing starts to deteriorate noticably. This forces you to replace the cartridge before it is empty so effectively the cartridges are much more expensive than the up front cost would suggest. This combined with problems with the printer itself makes me think I won't be buying a Kodak printer again.
55 comments|61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 January 2013
If you are thinking of buying a Kodak printer for the cheap ink .. DON'T BOTHER . It's a lie. They eat these cartridges and never produce even half of what they claim they can do. If you get 30% you will be lucky.
I am putting together a case against Kodak for the blatant misrepresentation of their advertising
55 comments|52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 January 2013
I must be very unlucky with Kodak products but I have yet to buy a cartridge for my ESP C310 that works for more than a few copies. The estimate for 335/390 pages is laughable, I would settle for 20 pages after my experience. I know some people are happy with their Kodak printers but I will be buying another make soon and staying well clear of this junk. PS; Not Amazon or sellers fault, the service was excellent.
on 1 December 2011
I bought a Kodak printer on the strength of their claim of value for money for my printing needs. I bought this cartridge for the same reason and the claim on Amazon that I will get 390 colour sheets from each cartridge. My first Kodak cartridge did not seem to give this many so this time, Yes, I did count them - I have printed 126 sheets, only about half a dozen of which were full blown colour pages. Now my printer tells me the colour cartridge is low and must be replaced very soon. Cheap to buy? - Yes. Good quality printing? - Yes. Value for money? - oh no! Now of course I have the printer so I am obliged to keep buying the cartridges, but BUYERS BEWARE! The printing yield is nowhere near as high as dearer cartridges - my last Lexmark one cost twice as much as Kodak but gave me four times as many printed sheets. What a clever marketing con Kodak has going with these so-called cheap printers and cartridges.
3838 comments|144 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 July 2012
I,ve just found out why the inks are so cheap,...there is next to sod all in them! I,ve printed off 12 A4s, 9 in plain text and 2 in full colour and the black has given out and the colour is on warning! The best thing is ,..I bought 2 packs of each, what a mug!
on 8 October 2012
I am extremely disappointed with the Kodak Genuine Combo pack of Black and Colour ink for my printer. The main reason for this is how little printing I was able to produce before the ink ran out. The black ink has only been in the printer for a month when it ran out (I was away for 10 days of that time). I printed a couple of A4 size documents and certainly less than 10 A5 colour photos. The colour ink is almost finished now. I expected to be able to print a lot more before needing to replace both cartridges. In fact, I am so disappointed with my Kodak printer that I am now currently looking to buy from a different manufacturer.
on 22 August 2013
I am a very infrequent user of a Kodak ESP1.2 all in one printer who has what appears constantly to have to replenish ink cartridges, whether they be monochrome, as this 'XL' product, or colour.

It is obvious that use of ink is related to pages printed in black and white or colour/cleaning the print heads, but I don't recall reading that it was recommended to leave the printer turned on all the time, as switching off and on used up a lot of ink--a recommendation given to me by Kodak over the phone when I challenged them about the longevity of their consumable products.

This advice should also be made more prominent to customers, also to print where possible in black and white and in 'draft' quality.

I am aware of printer manufacturers being very much reliant on selling consumables such as ink, but they also have a duty of care towards their customers, which seems not to be very evident.
on 22 April 2012
'tis fine :) Just what I needed to top up my printer. The ink seems to last a long time too, but maybe I just don't do much printing? Better value than buying black and colour separately.
on 16 December 2011
Kodak ink cartridges are supposed to be cheaper per page printed than other manufacturers. That may be true, but no-one wants them for recycling, and you can't continue to print once the printer has decided there's no ink left, even if they still have enough ink to print.

If you take the money-back you can get from some recyclers into account, I'm not convinced Kodak works out any cheaper.
on 6 April 2012
I printed 5, yes that is FIVE pages with about 40% colour coverage in draft and the cartridge now indicates it is EMPTY. Despite many emails to Kodak, they refuse to accept the cartridge was faulty and say this is normal. AVOID this product!