Colour: Black|Change
Price:£17.46+ Free shipping

on 11 October 2011
Very good light but not suitable for wet conditions. silicon case is not water tight and the unit inside is not sealed so once water gets in the contact for switching it off and on becomes very unreliable. I don't run mudguards but thought being on the seat post it should have been able to cope. Suspect even with mudguards water would get in. Have anoter knog on the front and it's fine just think this design is not suitable for the rear.
on 6 October 2012
Did a lot of research for this in various bike magazines, websites etc. It's only when you read reviews from actual customers/product users that you realise whether it was/is a good buy or not. Sadly, I only have myself to blame and bought this product. Looks stylish, very bright LED's, lots of different flashing modes to play with, various colour selection available and simple to fix onto the bike. That's about it. I bought this to put on my winter training road bike. I went out for a ride and it got slightly wet in the rain, the LED's went very dim. A car driver pointed this out when I had stopped at some traffic lights, otherwise I would have not known until I got home.
It is most definitely NOT waterproof. The rubber around the light cluster doesn't seal properly hence, dampness gets through and condensation builds up in the plastic cover.
I notified the Seller via Amazon immediately who asked me to return the product. I did so which cost me £3 posting. I received a replacement.
I will give the new one a go but can't see it lasting long.
READ THE CUSTOMER REVIEW'S......here endeth the lesson.
on 24 January 2012
Nice looking unit which has bright output until it gets wet. Used for 4 months from new, during which the switching became tempremental quite soon and eventually packed in. This all resulted from water ingress to which I have returned for refund.
on 24 October 2011
Looks nice but that's about it!! Damp gets into the battery compartment and the lens fogging up the visible light cluster. The lights often don't switch on, switch off or change their flashing sequence when I press the button.I frequently have to take the internal parts out of the rubber protector to take the batteries out to switch the stupid thing off!! BOOO RUBBISH...YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! Sending mine back for a refund
on 28 September 2011
I bought two of the Knog Skink 4 led rear lights. One works fine. The other switches on, then takes on average 15mins to get the thing to switch off (or just take a battery out). Unfortunately I had only just started to use them in anger when the fault came to light (ho ho)and I missed the returns dead line for amazon. I'm afraid a fifty percent success rate is not good enough. Buy cateyes.
on 22 December 2012
First the good news:
These lights are very bright and despite the worry about leaving a light that can be easily removed without tools on the bike when popping into the supermarket, they are very unobtrusive and hard to spot.

Now the not so good news:
As other reviewers have suggested, these lights don't like the rain. In fact, the name is wrong. They shouldn't have called this light the "Skink", they should have called it the "Mogwai" because you don't dare get them wet.
The slightest bit of surface water and you can't turn the thing off and have to disassemble it and remove the batteries until it dries out.
The other downside is that although the light is very bright, it's also very directional. Go just a few degrees off beam and they are suddenly very dim indeed - not such a good idea where traffic is moving around on a duel carriageway.

Mine is now relegated to the role of backup light and lives in my bag for emergencies where my main light fails or traffic conditions dictate that I be extra visible - here at least, the tooless fitting is a boon rather than a worry.
If you're looking for a reliable rear light though, look elsewhere.
on 3 December 2013
This review is somewhat overdue given that I purchased this item over 3 years ago, however after seeing that it only has 3 stars I felt I should share my own experience with the light.

I purchased this and a KNOG Beetle Front LED light on 22nd August 2010 and have been using them on several bikes since. I cycle to work at least one day a week in all weather, and so far I have no had to replace the batteries in this unit (I left the front on whilst on holidays for 3 weeks which ran it down). Like other users I have cycled in the rain, both with guards and without, and have left my bike in the rain for an 8-hour workday with this light in place (though given how easy it is to remove and re-attactch there's no excuse for this). The light hasn't suffered any ill effects despite this though as nothing about it seems particularly waterproofed I suspect I might just have been lucky.

I would wholeheartedly recommend this product to any cyclist. My goal was to find a bright, unobtrusive light which didn't gobble batteries, and this has served that purpose without any issues for 39 months and counting.
on 15 November 2012
I've ahd this light about a year. Last winter I lost my temper with it while struggling to switch it on/off while wearing gloves etc (virtually impossible) so stuck it in a cupboard. recently took it out again to use as an extra flashing light on my pannier in addition to my great simple rear light from another manufacturer. However it lasted about a week and has now finally packed up. I even worked out how to change the batteries (very fiddly), but that wasn't the problem, it simply no longer works. Perhaps it got wet? I do use it outside...! (and it's only water 'resistant') So yes, I would rate this product as an all round total piece of fairly useless cr@p. Don't waste your money!
on 2 April 2013
This is continuing to be a useful rear light. It's easily transferred between different bikes without swapping brackets etc. The light output appears to be just right, highly visible without being dazzling. I find the battery insertion to be straightforward and you don't need a screwdriver. It's robust and I usually chick them into a pannier when not in use and don't worry sbout them being squashed. I can't comment on its waterproofness, except to say I've never had any problems, maybe it's because my bikes all have mudguards and I position the rear light quite high, so it's partly protected by the saddle? I reccommend this rear light for general use.
on 19 March 2012
I've had one of these for the last 3 years. It has survived the rigours of city cycling very well, in all weathers. It is extremely bright - thus serving its central purpose which is visibility. The batteries last for ages too; I would estimate 5 months between charges/changes, if not more (used for 5 hours per week).

A bit of a niggle is that changing the batteries is fiddly. In fact I ended up ripping the rubber at the bottom of the unit whilst wrestling with the power pack. Having said that, it still works, and I was probably heavy handed in the first place.

Overall very good performance, recommended.