on 28 February 2011
This is the first sock knitting book I have bought (or wanted to buy) and I just love it. The book is well produced with lovely photos, that, with a few exceptions, also give you great views of the socks.
I have just finished knitting (and am wearing as I write) the BFF cabled socks from the first section of the book. The instructions were clear and the socks have turned out beautifully. And they are only the third pair of socks I've ever knitted. The range of patterns is good, including some that appear pretty challenging if that's what you want. And none of them is whacky or unwearable.
I'm looking forward to working my way through the book.
The one additional thing that I would like is information on the yardage used for each size of sock. Most of the yarns are from US suppliers and in making substitutions it would be helpful to know exactly what yardage you need. But a minor quibble.
VINE VOICEon 17 November 2011
Our daughter demands funky socks at regular intervals and these have not been found wanting. My wife, the knitter said she didn't want to turn fifty without learning how to turn a heel. She has now turned several. Some were quite challenging, she says, but she was justly proud of the results.