- His early school days spent in a building with no running water or electricity
- An encounter with a violent sheep that literally turned his world upside down
- The days spent cutting the turf and saving the hay by hand
- An Irish Christmas where nearly everything on the table was sourced from the farm
- His exciting family history that brought his relations to the Klondike Gold Rush in Canada
Sprinkled with a selection of fitting works by some of Ireland's best-known poets such as Seamus Heaney and Patrick Kavanagh, this gem of a book is a chronicle of the simple but happy life of an Irish farmer boy.