on 6 December 2013
This device arrived almost instantly, and was put to use on our i-pad 4 running IOS7 even more quickly. Just ignore the on-screen 'not compatible' notices, and it will download the photos on a 4GB SD card with amazing speed and accuracy. I had tried transferring images through i-tunes (laborious and next to useless) and also Dropbox (effective but slow and cumbersome), but this nicely made accessory - it even looks like an Apple product - beats them hands-down. My next step will be to download most of the images on our PC hard-drive to an SD card, then use this Vtek reader to transfer them to the i-Pad. A must-have if you need to transfer lots of images.
on 29 November 2013
Purchased to use with my iPad air as my old iPad and card reader have different connectors. Order and delivery the usual slick performance via Amazon. Plugged device into my iPad and it performed thereafter, exactly as it should and as described in product description. Build quality is excellent. Im very satisfied with my purchase.
on 3 December 2013
Firstly I must say that the seller "KiwiBird Direct" has brilliant aftercare, there was a problem but they sorted it out straight away.
It does work with the ipad and if you can't get yours working, restart the machine with it connected, and take note of the usage instructions that they have mentioned on the item listing in case of a problem.
MAKE SURE YOUR CARD IS FULLY INSERTED INTO THE READER
Thank you for your help, a highly recommended company.
on 13 April 2014
I mentioned in my previous review that the product worked fine but I had difficulty removing it from the ipad (we needed tweezers as it separated from its casing). KiwiBird got in touch with me very quickly to say they would send me a new one. How is that for service! I hadn't complained, just thought I would try superglue on it. No need, a replacement was sent promptly. A full recommendation from me.
on 1 December 2014
Very happy with this little gadjet. I only needed it to transfer my wedding photo's from the photographers SD card. I wasn't prepared to pay the price for the Apple one that was considerably a lot more... It worked a treat. Maybe a little fiddly in the beginning as you connect. But worked fine... Very happy.
on 24 May 2014
Bought this to down load images from my Canon 650D to an iPad mini. I received one that didn't work. I emailed The supplier and got a reply within 5 minutes. They suggest fixes but these didn't work so the immediately agreed to ship another one. This works great. I would definitely recommend the card reader. And the supplier. Their service was excellent!
on 8 December 2014
I purchased an iPad Air last week and realised that the camera connector for my iPad 2 was too large. Typical Apple I thought. So on trawling through the digital camera cards, I found this little gizmo and ordered it straightaway. The delivery came before the stated time and was well packaged. Upon linking it up to my iPad, a Not Compatible message came up on the screen, which I ignored, and proceeded to download an 8gb camera card on to my system. It was quick and accurate and I now have my recent photos of our trip to Australia and New Zealand on both my iPads. An effortless task and a lot cheaper product than the Apple gizmo. It is vey important thwt you do not remove the card while the blue light is flashing as you may well lose the photographs.
on 6 November 2014
Brilliant little gadget and so much cheaper than the Apple version. Very easy to use, just inserted my card into it and connected it to my IPad air and in seconds it was importing my photos. I was worried that all my photos would be imported but this didn't happen and I just imported the ones I wanted.
on 30 January 2014
Although I only bought this for the SD slot, this is an impressive little gadget for the money. Perfectly quick and simple to transfer photos from my camera to iPad mini with no degradation in quality. The unit appears well constructed and robust and I'd definitely recommend it.
on 29 October 2014
Have been using the card reader for 6 months on my wife's iPad mini and it has worked great transferring photos from SD card. I did have an issue recently where it would not work on my iPad mini. I hadn't upgraded to IOS 8 and the connection seemed fine. I contacted the KiwiBird team by email and explained my issue. The very next day i received two card readers from the company and they both work. Waow how about that for customer service !