- Boxed-product Weight: 299 g
- Delivery Destinations: Visit the Delivery Destinations Help page to see where this item can be delivered.
Find out more about our Delivery Rates and Returns Policy
- Batteries 1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)
- Item model number: 300010616
- ASIN: B00KRFJY6O
- Date first available at Amazon.co.uk: 1 July 2014
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (7 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 80,489 in Electronics (See Top 100 in Electronics)
EE Pay As You Go Kite Mobile Wi-Fi with 6GB of 4GEE Data
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Get 4GEE data wherever you are. Great for personal, business or educational use.
- Easy and intuitive to use. Slim and sleek with a premium glass and aluminium finish.
- Mobile 4GEE. Switches seamlessly to 3G when you're not in a 4GEE coverage area. Long-life battery.
- Pre-loaded with 6GB 4GEE data, which lasts for 90 days from activation. No contract, no commitment.
- A status display ensures that this product is easy to set up and use
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Take your broadband connection with you! Simply search for the EE WiFi network, enter the password and enjoy 4GEE data. Up to 10 devices can be connected to the WiFi network at any time.
1x EE Mobile WiFi Retail Package containing:
4GEE Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspot Device
Quick Start Guide
'Keep Me Card'
Safety Information Leaflet
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Happily, for advanced users there is a standard web management interface (192.168.1.1) and here it is possible to perform all the usual advanced router configurations from changing the ssid to port forwarding.
Obviously the device will only work as well as the signal it receives, so it is important to check coverage in your target area. The EE website will do this for you.
Downsides? The wireless broadcast range is limited which indicates the device is intended for the travelling individual - pocket or hotel room use. I bought mine so that we could have 4G internet access when visiting ageing parents: now when visiting we use an ordinary wireless range extender (such as the TP Link TL-WA830RE) to boost the Kite signal to full domestic wifi levels.
I found this little device but was worried it wouldn't be up to the job, there was no reviews on amazon and some of the reviews for EE I found were not very good. But as there wasn't much else out there I bit the bullet and brought it.
It's very easy to set up out of the box. It's around the size of an iphone 5. We had 3 PCs, a laptop, and all our smart phones connected in around 15 minutes.
While it's connected to 4G it's great. You do notice if other people are using the internet. If your the only one then it's quite fast.
But every now and then it drops down to 3G. This is not good for multiply people. For one person it fine. But 3 people trying to access stuff then you see some good 'Buffer Faces'!
All in all this got us out of a hole and was connected to 4G around 85% of the time. Would not hesitate to purchase it again.
If one person needs to use this device then it's great even when on 3G
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is a great gadget when it is connected but it keeps losing or dropping the connection on my mini ipad - so I am continually going into settings and switching it off and on -... Read morePublished 10 months ago by dfs