- Paperback: 206 pages
- Publisher: The Mountaineers Books (25 April 2003)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0898868874
- ISBN-13: 978-0898868876
- Product Dimensions: 22.7 x 15.1 x 1.7 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.1 out of 5 stars See all reviews (7 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 463,859 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Kiss or Kill: Confessions of a Serial Climber Paperback – 25 Apr 2003
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More About the Author
"This is literature about the soul of alpinism, not a blow-by blow account of dumbing drudgery from some tourist peak bagger."
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The book is based in the Alps, Himalayas and North America. They revolve around his experiences as a result of his method of climbing - carrying little gear, no real bivi equipment and as a result of this virtually non-stop climbing.
In some ways it is rather disturbing, how can a man who has had 40 friends die as a result of climbing, had broken relationships as a result of climbing and has limited contact with his family as a result of climbing --keep on climbing? He is clearly very talented - most of his new climbs in the Alps have not had a complete second ascent. What comes across is that he has a burning desire to climb, almost at the result of anything else. It is as if by writing he is finding a release about some of the events in his life.
I would recommend it for sure.
I am a different animal from the author. He liked pain and challenge and I like a hot bath and scones. With cream and jam.
All I say is WOW.