on 8 January 2014
Got this bag in black snake print & love it. Great work bag - fits everything I need & more. My 8th Kipling bag and certainly won't be my last.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 19 February 2015
This is a BIG handbag. The largest section can just about hold my 12 inch laptop. It doesn't look too big though, and has lots of organisation built in.

The big main section has a double zip fastening. That means you can close it at either end, or at some point in between. Therefore it doesn't matter which shoulder you carry it on, the closure doesn't have to be behind you - unless you want it to be. This section is big enough to carry my folded up fleece, or two summer weight cardigans. I know that because I used it on holiday last year for exactly that. Inside, there are a few drop pockets on one side and a zipped purse pocket on the other. The drop pockets are good for your phone or music player, and my new money purse gets swamped with the size of the purse pocket.

On the back of the bag is a flat zipped pocket more than big enough to take my kindle, while on the front there are two chunkier zipped pockets. I keep a small camera in one, while the other usually holds a small torch and an onya shopping bag. On the front of each of these pockets is a smaller flat pocket, one with a diagonal zip, and one secured with a velcro flap. These are good for tickets and the like.

You may think that would be all the pockets you could fit in a bag, but there are two more which are easy to miss. On the ends of the bag, just underneath the loops for the long strap, there are two pockets secured with velcro. You might not think they are very big, but my 5 inch phone fits in there nicely. I could imagine they would also be good for holding a compact brolly.
44 comments|5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 August 2014
I am an avid collector of Kipling Defeas. I have a 'few'
It is the best all rounder out of all the Kiplings I have bought & 'tested' over the years.
So many pockets - 4 on front, 2 on sides, 1 on back. Inside is a cavern to cram your mac, brolly, packed lunch etc.
Key lanyard is a bonus too.
Only thing I've noticed about newer Defeas, is there is only 1 pen pocket now instead of 3
on 23 July 2010
I am 53 and have never had a handbag. When I have needed to carry something I have used a small rucksack or just pockets. My sister-in-law has one of these bags in red and I thought how nice it looks. So I took the plunge and bought one for myself in black. I am SOOOOO pleased with it. I can carry loads of things; keys have their own little ring ro attach to, so no rummageing around to find them; lots of different pockets making it easy to store wallets, pens, business cards and other things like that. The main section is big enough to comfortably hold a large bible and note pad.
I look after my grandson regularly and it has been easy to carry all the necessary things, change of clothes, food, drink, cars, books, toys, with still plenty of room for my few bits.
Last week a bottle leaked in the main compartment so I stuffed the bag in the washing machine and it has come out as good as new.
Overall, I love the bag and can highly recommend it.
0Comment|130 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 April 2012
My wife assures me that the bag is very practical and roomy: good quality fabric, waterproof and lightweight. It arrived very promptly. I am a little concerned that this is Kipling bag number five!
on 7 January 2014
I love these bags, use on holidays,fits an IPad an has several pockets for all your possessions. Using one for work now as it is strong and durable. The Black snake Defea does look quite classy , glad I bought as cheaper than others.
on 8 January 2014
Superb quality, great size just as expected, love the black snake and patent trims. Perfect all rounder bag just love it.
on 3 May 2012
What you see is exactly what you get and is just perfect!I'm very pleased with my purchase, it was hassle free and without nasty surprises, the bag is of a medium size and full of zipped pockets, just what I needed!
on 16 February 2014
True to the colour is lovely and vibrant. Lots of pockets and very roomy. Handy for travel as room for passport and all essentials needed.
on 11 January 2011
Absolutely Brilliant My wife is well pleased.
Pity it turned up after Christmas though, Ordered 2 weeks before as well.