Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now

4.8 out of 5 stars1,073
Colour: Wine Red Lacq|Change
Price:£29.95 - £231.38

on 1 August 2014
I have always sneered at Kipling, thinking they were cheap, nasty and very expensive. BUT then I received this as a gift. It is amazing! Mine is a sort of minky brown which looks smart with most outfits. The quality is very good.

The Tardis has nothing on this bag! It holds masses of stuff and is comfortable to wear. Currently I have an A5 diary, very large purse, mobile, reading glasses and sun glasses, 6 lipsticks (don't ask), 2 cheque books, 2 tubes of the mint with the whole, notebook, the sock I'm knitting on four needles, my horse's passport and medical records, large bunches of keys for two houses and the paperback that I'm reading and there is still room for more,.
on 2 September 2011
Kipling Women's Alvar ShoulderbagsThis item arrived really quickly and was it perfect condition, It a little larger than I thought, but will be great for me to get all my stuff in for a day out shopping with girls
on 10 April 2013
I have bought so many bags over the years trying to find 'the one' that my husband has trained my sons to keep me away from the bag shops! Sneaked this one past their radar as still wasn't satisfied with my own bag.

I'm a bit fussy about my bags (as you may now be aware) but I must say I do like this bag. It is definitely with me for the long haul.
I looked at all the reviews before buying a kipling bag and choose the one that was described as 'medium'.
Going from a large bag to a smaller one I was worried that I would find it cramped, but, once I binned the junk I really didn't need, everything fitted in perfectly with room to spare in case you want to sneak large packets of sweets into the cinema.
True Blue works out to be navy blue. It's made from nylon so is light. The zips are made of metal and of good quality and you can adjust the strap to where ever you want it. (no holes in strap).
One of the main compartments has a key holder made of material, so no groping around in your bag for the keys, and a large make up pocket and plenty of room for a purse/wallet. The other compartment has a mobile pocket big enough for a large mobile, two pen pockets and another pocket that fits my near sited glasses and is large enough for many other things. The two pockets at the front are large enough for extra keys/make-up/receipts/tissues etc.
The bag is truly 'the tardis' of bags. Even fully laden it's not bulky and annoying.
Love the monkey key chain and have kept it on (even though I'm mid 40s).

Would thoroughly recommend this bag.
on 25 January 2014
I have 4 bags in this style so far! I can't speak highly enough about it. I love all of the compartments and the way it lays flat against the body. My favourite Kipling bag of all time.
on 22 June 2013
I was a little dubious about this bag. I usually carry what is effectively the handbag version of a steamer trunk, so this looked more like something that should go inside my regular bag. I am sorry, but if there comes a day that I need that coral lipstick I bought on a whim in Switzerland 6 years ago and only ever wore as a swatch on my hand in the store, and I don't have it, I simply wouldn't ever forgive myself. Just like I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I ever need a sewing kit / plaster / blister plaster / headache tablet / face wipe / toothpick / spare pay as you go mobile from a different provider / extra stockings / teasing brush / hairspray / green concealer ... And who on earth ever leaves the house in England without a spare umbrella? A crazy person, that's who! So, the point being that this bag looked, from the photos, miniscule. But I figured an extra Kipling bag would justify the insane next day delivery costs, so I ordered this with the Defea.

Well, used it for the first time today, and it is like a bag made of fairy wings and angel hair - in other words, it's a magic bag! Everything is in there, and yet it's not mutated into a mishappen ball shape, it's still flat, sitting snugly on my hip. It apparently transforms into flubber on the inside - everything slots into place perfectly. It's the ultimate one hand bag. Reach in, find phone / ipod/change purse/bus ticket ...Whatever dark arts Kipling employed to make this wondrous thing, I'm going to have to say I am willing to take my chances that an evil sea witch might demand my voice in return for it's magic. I sound like Fran Drescher and Janice off' Friends' illegitimate child anyway, so I think it's Ursula 0 and me FTW.

This bag is amazing. It's wonderful. It's the thing that was missing from your life that you never knew was missing.It's the thing that makes up for all those empty promises of slimmer thighs / bigger softer hair / unnaturally long eyelashes or a thing that removes hair as small as a grain of sand (pah - do NOT get me started on that nonsense!) It just works, it fits, it's a bloody marvel. I even ran home this evening with it and it didn't bounce around like a possessed possum.

My one and only criticism is that the zips are the wrong way around ...? I wear my bag on the left, and that means the zips open back to front. I am sure I can unlearn 20+ years of behaviour in zips given how amazing the bag, but it is a very curious thing. I plan to buy this exact bag in every single colour. Gonna take me 20 years at my salary, but it's a labour of love.Given that the wind and rain has returned to the North West, I am sure I shall have ample opportunity to test once and for all if Kipling bags are water resistant. I sure hope so - otherwise I will have 28 Kipling bags that I can only use for 4, maybe 4.5 days a year!
55 comments|116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 January 2014
Love this bag. Have it in purple lovely shade not too bright. It holds so much without being bulky and the price was fantastic
on 23 July 2012
stylish, roomy, comfortable to wear either on your shoulder or across the body with pockets for mobile phone,slots for pens and a fob for your keys.
VINE VOICEon 3 February 2012
My other Kipling bags are plain coloured and I wanted something different that would team up with my summer sandals as well as winter footwear, this print is ideal for both. It is a shoulder or crossbody style that is not as deep as my others but sits flatter to the body and has loads of space. On the front there are two zipped compartments that are handy for passports and tickets while travelling and the main bag has two separate zippers on top so you can keep your purse and valuables close to hand. There are two pen holders in this particular bag and the usual keyfob which I always find very useful. A further zipped pocket is inside as well as phone pocket and one I normally use for a mirror. Very good bargain price, I`m gathering up quite a collection of Kipling and have not been disappointed in any way.
on 12 June 2014
I wanted a smallish bag which I could wear across my body. This fits the bill and is very well constructed. It is actually bigger than I expected after reading the reviews. There are lots of zips outside, although a zipped internal would have been nice. The colours are lovely and its beautifullymade.e
on 6 June 2014
Thought it may be b bit big, it isnt., this bag is ideal.Can fit loads in without being bulky. There are several compartments so you can keep bits seperate. Bargain price too. Would recommend