Size: 16 GB|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:£4.37+ Free shipping (Addon item)

With the rise of Cloud based computing and file storage it's easy to have your files available wherever you are - but that depends on having a network connection and you aren't always guaranteed to have one. Personally I like having my files to hand and this 16GB card is large enough to carry a large amount of data.

I've used Kingston branded cards for a few years now, they tend to be cheaper than their Sandisk equivalents, and although they may perform slightly slower, for my usage it doesn't matter. Those shooting High Definition video or high-res photos on a DSLR capable of impressive burst rates will perhaps want a card designed for quick write speeds, but if you want a high capacity card which can be kept in your wallet/bag/etc and hold a large amount of files then this is a perfect purchase.

My 16GB card is used to hold my music collection, every album I've bought since I was 13 (back in 1993) is saved on here and the card is kept safely in a cupboard only to come out when I sync my iPod (of course the files are backed up onto DVD-R too). For photography I only ever use a 4GB cards maximum as I am then forced to back up my photos, and if anything did go wrong with the card then the potential losses would be less. Still, I'm planning on purchasing another of these 16GB cards, having the ability to have such a large amount of media files in my wallet is tempting.

In a nutshell: Years ago I paid just under £40 for a 1GB SD card - it was a bargain at the time. Now when looking for memory cards my general rule of thumb is pay around £1 per GB of capacity so at the time of writing this, this 16 GB beastie is a bit of a bargain from a quality manufacturer.
on 21 July 2009
Great product , i bought this card to shoot 720p video specifically with my Panasonic Lumix TZ5 and it has worked flawlessly with fast transfer rates to my netbook . Highly Recomended
on 24 January 2010
I have this card and find it excellent for still photos and for HD video (even though the camera is supposed to have a class 6 card for video). However, it is clear from some of the comments that camera and other equipment manufacturers should make it clearer whether the product takes SDHC as well as the older SD. In the manual for my wife's camera this is stated but is not prominent.

To my main point; whatever type of card their camera takes, do users realise that they should format the card in-camera? This ensures best performance and a lesser likelihood of problems with any make of card. Formatting in this way can be used to empty the card after all files/pictures have been downloaded to a computer. Even if you delete your files/pictures using the camera it is as well to re-format the card in-camera periodically as well as before using it for the first time. NB files cannot be retrieved after formatting.
22 comments|51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 August 2009
Works a treat, great capacity and very convenient to use in my little usb2 card reader. The versatility and compactness compared to a portable drive is tremendous.
on 26 October 2009
This card has worked perfectly so far in my Canon SX10 camera and connected via a reader to my Vista laptop. It's also very fast. Kingston have been around for ages and always had a good reputation, and this product lives up to it. Delivery was very quick too.
on 14 April 2011
Does The Trick.. Class 4 .. 16GB .. exactly what it says on the tin and works spot on. I have used this in the Kodak Zi8 and Drift HD170 Helmet Camera and also in a few digital cameras with no issues.
on 1 August 2010
Good card when it works. Although this could be JVC's fault. Anyhow be warned if buying for a JVC Eviro camera it just errors and will not format. Other 16gb cards work fine...
on 10 July 2011
I brought this 16gb memory card for my Nikon D3000 10.2mp camera.
After reading all the reviews I was unsure about weather to buy this or not after seeing people saying they had a few problems with it. Personaly I have found it to work fine. I only shoot it the highest setting (raw) and it can hold just under 900 photos (884 to be exact.
The only reason I gave it 4 out 5 stars is because of the speed of the card, if you shoot a burst of photos (4+) it can take a second or 2 before you can view them on the camera. But if you know your settings are right this won't be a problem anyway.
I think the best tip for using this card I found on here is, as soon as you put it in your camera for the first time you should format the card, also whenever you want to delete photos from the card you should save them first (goes without saying) and then always format the card in the camera. That way the camera and card will work fine together.
on 16 February 2014
DONT use a Class 10 card in your Nintendo 3DS or 3DS XL. Use this card!

The Nintendo 3DS/3DS XL is fussy with high speed SDHC cards. If you buy a genuine, branded class 10 card and put it into your Nintendo 3DS, you will inevitably get the 'The SD card could not be accessed / The SD card was removed' message after putting the system to sleep for an hour or so, or more frustratingly when downloading games with the system in sleep mode. It does not matter what brand you use. Some cheaper class 10 cards work for some people, but I suspect that is because they are not really class 10...

Nintendo do not acknowledge this problem but it is well known (google).

I have found that if you use a lower speed SD card like this one (which is a class 4) the problem goes away. Make sure you buy a branded card though - Kingston is a good brand. I highly recommend this card for Nintendo 3DS/3DS XL users.
on 4 April 2012
The reason I bought this card is that we wanted to store our photos taken on our camera to a secure storage. Writing them on DVD-R is the most taken route, but we felt that if the DVD crashed, or does not read, all that is there with it is gone.

When you buy a cheap but reliable storage as this one, you can save your data, enable the write lock and enjoy peace of mind. Your memories are worth more than the pounds that we pay, so I neva take chances. We are using this only for backup purposes.

I saw reviews where people complain about speed. Definitely if you want speed, you should use a smaller storage size in your camera, because with anything more than 4GB size, it will definitely slow down the speed of the camera unless its a camcorder which is built to handle huge storage spaces.