Format: Audio CD|Change

on 17 September 2003
In my personal opinion, this was the best Five album. It was such a shame it didn't get more single releases or got a chance to really get off the ground.
I bought it the day it came out here in NZ. I was so excited Five were releasing another CD. I listened to it nonstop until they announced they were splitting. I was so upset when I found out. I love nearly all the tracks on the CD, but I'll review my favourites (as usual):
2. Lay All Your Loving On Me (5/5)
If Five had not split, this definitely would have been a future single. It samples a Grease song and it sounds brilliant. I love the music, it's so funky! Abs and J do a great job on lead vocals, too.
4. Closer To Me (5/5)
This is the album version, and I prefer the radio edit (the one on Greatest Hits), but this is still a beautiful ballad. You can't help loving a song where nearly all the members sing, and sound great. Even J's rap goes with this song.
5. Hear Me Now (5/5)
MY FAVOURITE! I just adore this funk filled, upbeat song. It is soooo groovy! I love the chorus it's really catchy. Ritchie and Scott sound fantastic on this - the lyrics are really cool, too.
7. Feel The Love (5/5)
Ritchie gets a great part on this - I can imagine him singing his heart out to this. The chorus is very gospel like, with a choir singing on it, but that's what makes it cool. It's a very happy, positive song.
8. We're Going All Night (You Make Me High) (5/5)
Back to the usual Five naughtiness you'd expect from them. I love the lyrics on this song - Sean and Ritchie sound great on vocals. I also love the music.
10. Something In The Air (5/5)
Love this. The music is the best bit of the entire song. I also love Sean's verse and the part where he sings "Got the best of you, now I want the rest of you".
11. Breakdown (5/5)
My second favourite. This song is so pointless, but still really catchy and funky. The lyrics are so funny - "everybody howdy howdy" makes me laugh so much. This song is kind of country, and makes me want to dance.
12. On Top Of The World (5/5)
Such a uplifting positive song. Scott and Ritchie lift your hearts with this happy upbeat song. If you play this in the morning, your day will be better! I love the chorus it's so happy.
On my CD, the bonus tracks are:
World Of Mine (5/5)
Great ballad - Scott and Ritchie again are on lead vocals, in this sad song about finding love.
All Around (5/5)
I love this song cuz my main man Ritchie wrote it, and he sings lead by himself. This song is about all the crazy stuff Five have done in their careers.
This is my favourite Five CD because Ritchie and Scott sing loads and they wrote a lot of the songs, and I think personally they have the best voices. This is a top CD (but don't worry I still love their first two albums too), and I'm sad it didn't get more recognition. It has the best quality songs then any of their other CDs. It'll become a collector item in years to come. Buy it now.
on 14 September 2001
Five: do exactly what it says on the tin. A lovely pop album with all the right bits in the right places. Slickly produced. Hook-packed stuff with dancefloor fillers ('Let's Dance', 'Rock the Party') ballads ('Closer to me') and sparkly little pop treats ('Take your chances on me') that should keep them head and shoulders above the current crop of pop. You know if you're going to like this or not- some great songs some fillers but it's worth a buy- just because the NME doesn't like it doesn't mean you can't enjoy it eh?
on 5 September 2001
The fab 5 have done it again!!! Their new album, rightfully titled 'KINGSIZE', proves that the 'bad boys of pop' have staying power in a big way. (KINGSIZE way as a matter of fact) This time around it's about versatility. The lads prove that there are no limits to their sound. The boys challenge their signature pop/rock/hip hop style by adding R&B and even some tech beats. Five also bring back some old favorites in tracks like 2 and 3. Fueling their musical diversity are even stronger and smoother vocals and lyrics that are their own. The boys continue to write their own material, which enhances the creativity and style of the album. Each member can be found credited for writing or co writing on the album. (15 out of 16 total tracks are written or co written by the boys). BOTTOM LINE.... KINGSIZE is a MUST HAVE for any music fan. There is something foreveryone! My favs: tracks 4, 6,10 & 11 and hidden track #55!
on 17 September 2002
This album by Five is their usual bad-boy style pop with occasional rap and dance mixed with a bit of R'n'B. "Let's Dance" is your usual dance-floor filler and "Closer To Me" is a weepy, feel-sorry-for-me ballad, and it works. "Rock The Party" is a half-decent way of using a Grease sample and then lacing it with dicy lyrics. "The Heat" and "Hear Me Now" remind you what Five were originally about-lot's of noise, guitars and catchy chouruses. I would have given this 5stars but the group split up before they could really do anything with this album and I would've liked to see what they would've done with it. It's a more gronw-up sound but Abs' and J's fancy raps really go with the songs better than I expected. Give it a go, see what you think.
on 11 August 2001
Sexy and mature. This is a completely definition about XL (or King Size), the new 5ive album. The vocals (specially Abs and Jason) are deep and stronger. Closer To Me is a lovely ballad and Lay All Your Lovin'On Me is a real future #1. Let's Dance, the first single, is a great funky pop in a álbum with very differents stiles that proves that they're become a real "menband".
on 3 September 2001
Kingsize is Huge. If U loved INVINCIBLE like I did, U will love Kingsize. Although both albums are very different, it's still the same 5 guys who rocked U last year. Many types of tracks here, u got the dance tracks, the rock tracks, the ballods, and the typical FIVE style. My personal favorites are "The Heat" which is great to play at a halloween party. The Catchy "On top of the world","Lay all your lovin' on me", and the very laid back "Something in the air". Five fans will love the album, and fans of the album will love Five after this. Kingsize gets the pick of the year.
on 28 August 2001
This is a great album, more mature than 'Five' and 'Invincible' but still as good. 'Kingsize' also has one of the strongest openings to an album that I've ever come across which definitely keeps you listening. A favourite track is 'The Heat', a funky, brooding rap masterpiece. Best line is in 'Breakdown' - "Howdy Howdy...shake your booty". Fantastic! A must-have for fans, but also a good buy for any sane music fan. GET IT NOW!!!!
on 21 November 2001
when you first skim through the tracks then you are flabbergasted by the quality of music that the boys have recorded but after you listen to it for a while the novelty wears off and it honestly does not seen like anything special!
on 3 March 2013
Five are different from other boybands. Their music mixed with pop & hip hop, They sounds great. Great album! Recommended to anyone who like that kind of music.
on 5 July 2011
Im very pleased with my order, was delivered earlier then expected, and in great condition. Would recommend this seller and use them again.