Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.80

on 28 January 2012
First thing I read on kindle and I have to say that it's a good, exciting and historically interesting book.I liked the characters and I liked the setting. The story flows really well and although it can jump about a bit, it never leaves you behind. The characters are believable and you'll both love and hate some of them. I got it when it was free, and thoroughly enjoyed it so price wise I'm very happy. I am intrigued to see where the writer will go with the Kings X story, as he has promised other books. This story does, however, stand on it's own, with the possibility of a sequel if the writer is so inclined,but then all good books should leave that door open somewhere. I look forward to reading more Stephen T Harper books if this is the standard I can expect. Well done sir!!
on 19 February 2013
Stephen's writing is methodical and detailed, with excellent attention to detail. I love his treatment of the Knight's Templar - and have to agree with the reviewer who said the history is "cleverly paced" - not the normal couple of pages of description before you get anywhere near a character. This book is peopled with heroes, from the spunky 16-year-old who has lived before to the hunky detective who is the only person capable of saving her from the evil Shepherd.*shudders* And all I'm saying about Shahin is Johnny Depp in heavy black curls. Nuff said.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 11 December 2011
It is a fantasy with elements of past lives and reincarnation. Characters seeking one another out over the centuries to fulfill their respective duties. Combined within that are the Templar Knights, who are of course in the midst of a sacred ancient item mystery. So it ticks all the boxes for an epic story, which it is, but I thought it was too drawn out. It wasn't until over halfway through that any why, who or what questions were answered. I also felt that it got confusing now and again, sort of too much info and not enough clarification. For instance when Molly ended up in the car with the Shepherd, where did he come from? Saying that I enjoyed the read and think the writer has a lot of potential.
on 15 January 2013
I Really enjoyed this book with the mix from history to the present day. I couldn't put it down. Can't wait for the next instalment! Any avid readers looking to try something new should try this book.
on 27 December 2012
The story was different and that mad it refreshing. Historically interesting.The end as also quit a surprise and a shock. Buy it and enjoy.
on 26 June 2012
This was recommended me by a friend and my initial doubts were quickly cast aside. I would like to read more from this author. Historical stories don't get much better.
on 6 January 2013
A Good read and looking forward to more action. A a cussed a a a a a a a a
on 7 September 2013
First time I'd read anything by this author and it was an ok book just a bit predictable. If in doubt give it a go
on 23 November 2013
Can't make my mind up about this one. Dunno if I liked it or not. Found it very confusing at times.
on 1 June 2013
If you can't say anything good about something, refrain from comment.

I have a Kindle keyboard. It has a squared off navigation button. If you highlight this particular book on your screen and push the key to the left, a narrative box comes up asking if you want to delete content. I advise pressing the button to accept this choice.