on 28 March 2011
I ordered this product for a friend's birthday present, to play as a family game. I did not check the contents of the box, presuming that it would not be too difficult to manufacture blocks of wood, but after he opened it and we got it out to play with the children, I very much wished I had, as I would have returned the item.

The wooden blocks were cheap offcuts, which were extremely poorly finished (if indeed you would consider them 'finished'). Several of them had a thick red ink mark striped down the side, a few of them even had serial/batch numbers printed on the sides (as you would find down the side of planks etc. on raw wood), one of them even had rounded edges down the two upper long sides, and all of them had been very crudely sawn off at the ends, and probably never seen sanding paper, leading to a danger of scratches and splinters when handling. Many of the bricks were not even the same size/length.

I would not recommend purchasing this product to anyone, unless they have a woodburning stove and need some fuel.
22 comments|97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 April 2011
AVOID Made the mistake of buying cheap and having to buy twice with this, the wood is made from offcuts, very cheap and nasty and as a resukt almost unplayable as the finish makes the blocks too gripy to remove. Nasty unfinished edges, could ahve made it muslef by sawing up my kids beds!

I only gave it 1 star as you can't give zero!
on 28 June 2010
I purchased this item to play in the garden during the summer. It was smaller than I imagined, although big enough. I was disappointed with the quality though, as the first time we played with it, bits chipped off when it toppled over. each time we've played it, more bits have chipped, split, and crumbled off. There seems to be a lot of wood filler in it and I don't think it will last very long.
on 21 February 2013
the wood on this jenga is rough not even sanded, not pre treated and just unsuitable for children of a young age , please take this in to consideration when buying for toddlers.
on 21 December 2012
We ordered this and it arrived in good time, but when we opened the box we were absolutely shocked. This toy is dangerously manufactured. The brans we received was "Redwood Leisure" and not Kingfisher as claimed in the advert.

20 of the 60 blocks had splinters that would have injured children (and in fact I got a few splinters in my hands while unpacking them).

Almost every block was mis-shapen in one way or another, which makes the tower unstable.

Virtually none of the blocks are cut straight - some of the angles that should be 90 degrees were 80 degrees. Some blocks were twisted, some slightly warped.

None of the blocks were sanded sufficiently. There were clear rough patches on most, and some had splinters sticking out from the sides up to half an inch long. Other splinters were far smaller, but this is a product that clsims it is suitable for children over 3 years on the box - it shouldn't have ANY splinters or sharp edges!

Many of the blocks were different sizes - some varied by up to 5mm in thickness, which again makes the tower unstable.

All the blocks had sharp corners and sides, and had not been rounded off.

There were dents and chips and even deep dents in the blocks from the power tools used to cut them. Most of the power tools used had left marks, either grubby oil marks or burn marks at the ends.

None of the blocks were varnished.

The supplied box was tatty and falling apart - not surprising as I think this was probably caused by the contents!

This literally was a box of off-cuts. I could have done better myself with some cheap timber from the DIY store and a hacksaw - except I would have at least sanded them properly and varnished them!

If you buy a "proper" one of these games all the blocks are properly sanded, have had the edges rounded off so that are smooth to the touch, are cut properly and are also usually varnished to make them weather-proof.

Don't waste your money. I hope I can get a refund from the seller. This product should simply not be on sale.
on 8 February 2009
I purchased this giant Jenga because we had enjoyed playing the smaller version so much, adults and children alike. It was intended to provide entertainment for those picnics in the park, barbeques in the back yard where everybody gets too silly for their own good.
However, I don't think there was one block that had the same dimensions as any other. Many of the blocks were uneven, or too small. It made it a terribly difficult game to play.
I sent the game back to the supplier. The supplier gave an instant refund. I highly recommend the customer service of the supplier, however.
on 3 June 2009
Purchased this as it was the cheapest for the claimed size. At the time of purchased the spec said "Stands over 1.2 Metres tall", however when it turn up it was clear this was simply a blatant lie, it actually stands at 0.7 Metres tall! Yes - the picture you can see of all the bricks stacked up would only reach your knees. That's almost 50% smaller than claimed. I ended up sending this back and purchasing a much larger set which also came with a storage bag which I would recommend - a bag or wooden box is a must as the supplied cardboard box was in such a state when it arrived I have to send it back in another! Amazon claims that they did not create listing and blames the "Marketplace Seller"? All I know is that I was left out of pocket having to pay to return this item even though it was misold!
77 comments|100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 December 2015
On the box, the blocks appear evenly shaped and finished. Once you open the box, they are unevenly cut, unfinished, and a minefield for splinters.

With "best quality guaranteed" printed on the box, I'm lost as to how this 'guarantee' exists - generally a very poor, shoddy product.

Best to pay more and avoid having to buy twice.
on 16 September 2013
Terrible product, not as described. Poor workmanship and item much smaller than expected. Wooden blocks not finished properly and some were splintering. Not very safe for an adult to play with let alone a child. Took approx 8 emails to secure full refund. Very disappointing especially as was only offered a 30% refund to begin with. I had to keep insisting on a full refund which I am pleased to say I now have received. On a plus note the item was collected from my workplace free of charge. I would urge Amazon to have this item removed from sale.
on 25 December 2015
Brought this to play on Christmas day with my family got it out of the box to find out it's half the size that was advertised at!!! I feel that it is false advertising and would not recommended it to anyone,